CBR1100XX.org Forum

Differences in mirrors (97 v 99)??

RXX

Dayum, I will SO cut & glue a mirror on before I spend that kind of cash just to get a smaller, reverse perception of reality as it closes in or moves away from me while I am on a vector that almost certainly differs from the one I am viewing the reflection of.

Dayum, I will SO cut & glue a mirror on before I spend that kind of cash just to get a smaller, reverse perception of reality as it closes in or moves away from me while I am on a vector that almost certainly differs from the one I am viewing the reflection of.

Philip... Let me see what I have in my parts bin...

Did that break in the incident that I was there for?

Mike

Philip,

I went looking in my parts bin, and I have (2) of what appear to be left mirrors (just the glass and the mount to the stalk). You're welcome to (1) of them for the cost of shipping...

Mike

Philip,

I have Magical Racing mirror inserts on my Bird and can highly recommend them. Not only do they simply stick right on top of the existing glass (thus solving your problem of "replacing" the glass portion only, they also have a convex-like surface that increases the view of both mirrors very nicely.

The quality is top-notch, so no worries there. They don't seem to be available via their english language website anymore (seems like they may be being distributed by a Moto-works.jp named site now.) Though I did still se that they were available through the Japanese site. I attached the url for the Japanese site and hopefully it might help a bit. The Moto-Works site FAQ's said that thing on the Japanese site may still be available, though you may have to call/contact them directly.

http://www.magicalracing.co.jp/LineUp/97_03cbr1000xx.html

Also, the price is only $57 give or take with shipping - not bad!

Hope it helps.

Cheers,

Kevin