CBR1100XX.org Forum

dino run next week need some answers

XXSTAR

$220.00 for a dyno run or tune ?

If it's for a run , them you are looking at a bloody sore ass. For a tune , that's a bit on the cheap side.

BTW,,,,,,,,,, what kind of dinosour do you have ?

what should I look out for?

Large feet, claws, big teeth!

what should they do?
Try to eat you.

what info should they give me?

I don't recall dino's having the power of speech, nor being very good authors, so not very much.

how much should they charge me?
Generally they'll charge right at you, unless they are raptors. Then, as anyone who's seen more than 5 minutes of Jurassic Park can tell you, they'll attach from the sides, as a pack.

what did it cost you?

An arm and a leg.

That's about all I know about dinos. I know even less about dynos. :icon_whistle:

I assume they are tuning your XX?

If so remove your pair valves or disable them as they effect the F/A mixture. Other than that I don't know of anything.

how do I disable the pair valves? thanks Ron

I'm getting a custom map made for my bike next week as well. Is doing the PAIR modification worth it? How much better will it run after begin dynoed?

It's hard to tune the bike with the pair valves in. It adds more air to the exhaust to clean up emissions. The issue is they use a F/A meter to help tune your bike and with the pair valves working it will never tune correctly as per there readings they will need more fuel as the pair valve is pumping air.

For example they try to hit 13.5:1 fuel/air mixture... the pair valves will add air so when they try and tune to the 13.5 they get false readings as there is extra air, so they richen it up by adding more fuel. So if they read 13.5:1 in the exhaust it might be 11.5:1 in the motor and be too rich.

At least this is my understanding of how it works.. if I'm wrong someone please correct me.... :icon_whistle:

I'm getting a custom map made for my bike next week as well. Is doing the PAIR modification worth it? How much better will it run after begin dynoed?

It's hard to tune the bike with the pair valves in. It adds more air to the exhaust to clean up emissions. The issue is they use a F/A meter to help tune your bike and with the pair valves working it will never tune correctly as per there readings they will need more fuel as the pair valve is pumping air.

For example they try to hit 13.5:1 fuel/air mixture... the pair valves will add air so when they try and tune to the 13.5 they get false readings as there is extra air, so they richen it up by adding more fuel. So if they read 13.5:1 in the exhaust it might be 11.5:1 in the motor and be too rich.

At least this is my understanding of how it works.. if I'm wrong someone please correct me.... :icon_whistle:

You are correct !

Although it doesn't throw the numbers that far off, maybe more likey it read something like 13.1 AFR with the PAIR unit installed and realistically the cilynder will be getting anywhere from 12.1 - 12.4.

For dynoing purposes you don't have to remove the hole unit though. You can save yourself alot of time by just inserting an Expansion plug into the 1/2" hole inside the airbox.

The main reason for removeing the system all together is for continued testing and ease of spark plug maintenance.