CBR1100XX.org Forum

Atlh Braking disks

Dr. Ergal

No more than a fancy? :icon_rolleyes:

dischidopoxa6.jpg

sundischidettagliofq4.jpg

Plasma cutted, extremely well-finished, disk-carrier flanges obtained by a Ergal 7075 forged bloom... :icon_evilgrin::icon_cool:

Cool, isn't it? :icon_evilgrin:

But... really useful? :icon_rolleyes:

Bah... honestly, the first reason of disks replacing has been only a fancy, of course, but the quality improvement is tangible: the absolute power has not been increased too much (caliper and pads are the same) but the quality of effort at the hand lever is now extremely linear and "solid".

Now every mm of hand lever movement is proportionate af the braking power increase.

Summarizing, I'm really happy. :icon_biggrin:

But not still satisfied :icon_twisted:

I'm going to apply some drastic modification at entire front system, but I want te let the as less aesthetically invading as possible. :icon_whistle:

Keep in contact :icon_evilgrin:

You will need to host your pics elsewhere as all we get are these F@#kin Frogs :icon_whistle::icon_biggrin:

Damn'it !! :icon_evil:

For the moment I put the pics as an attachment but do you know some easy server able to host my files? :icon_think:

The disks waiting for their new home :icon_drool:

post-5404-1172750006.jpg

Front wheel completed

post-5404-1172750014.jpg

The Bird pruodly showing its new present :icon_dance:

post-5404-1172750022.jpg

A detail... :icon_cool:

post-5404-1172750030.jpg

BTW... it's so strange: mi friends in Italy can see the "frogs" without any problem... boh... :icon_neutral:

You will need to host your pics elsewhere as all we get are these F@#kin Frogs :icon_whistle::icon_biggrin:

Damn'it !! :icon_evil:

For the moment I put the pics as an attachment but do you know some easy server able to host my files? :icon_think:

The disks waiting for their new home :icon_drool:

post-5404-1172750006.jpg

Front wheel completed

post-5404-1172750014.jpg

The Bird pruodly showing its new present :icon_dance:

post-5404-1172750022.jpg

A detail... :icon_cool:

post-5404-1172750030.jpg

BTW... it's so strange: mi friends in Italy can see the "frogs" without any problem... boh... :icon_neutral:

damn! those are way better than the ones i got from jaws...cheapskate that i am probably couldnt afford those!! VERY nice!!

none of those trick rotors fit my 98!!!

Uh? :icon_eek:

Do 98's and '00 mount different wheels?

I could be wrong but I think the differences between 96-98 and 99-06 are - front wheel, bearings and discs, carb nose cowl has grills and no ram air and slightly different mounting points, carb and FI and associated wiring,ECU, no choke lever etc, different tail lights, slightly different exhaust systems and also the 99-00 have the same Analogue dash as the carb bikes then they went Digital :icon_surprised: There are probably more slight differences but I am sure others will chime in and mention them :icon_think:

EDIT: Remembered this was in the Important/Usefull Threads Section Model Differences, you will find a mention about certain colours for certain years - this seems only to be a US/Canada thing :icon_think:

How much did they cost you, and do you have a link for the source?

I've paid 'em 500 euros (it's about 450 USD).

The link is www.alth.it

It's in italian, but if you find something interesting I could translate it for you :icon_wink: