CBR1100XX.org Forum

I just shimmed my rear shock

RXX

Along with everything else I have done this month, I shimmed the shock tonight. Thanks for the thread! The only problem I had was I could not torque the top mounting bolt. (Unless of course, I removed the entire airbos and possibly the injector rail.)

Now maybe I can keep up with Oldgeezer in the twisties!

Wait till you try it on the good roads, 60-180-129. You will love it even more. Didn't help my stock front from bottoming out at that bridge on 180 though. Guess I should drop some weight.

It's a good work to do on Bird, that absolutely needs a balancing more oriented toward the front.

I solved replacing original unit with a FG, completely settable (I dont' know if this term is right... :icon_rolleyes: ) in hydraulic, spring preload and wheelbase.

I apologize for the bad quality of image... :icon_redface:

monooi2.jpg

Obviously, I did NOT install this rear shock in this configuration; for this photo I wanted only to show the maximum range of wheelbase setting. The adjustment ahs been only 2-3mm, no more...

Now the Bird turn faster and (most important, for me) narrow; I mean... turning the same corner with FG unit comparing to original, now I save a meter to the road edge.