CBR1100XX.org Forum

Flat road side repair kit

Jaygermeister

Can anyone recomend a motorcycle tire CO2 repair kit that works? Got a road trip coming up and I'm looking for a kit.

Or

This looks real good and complete kit !!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Motorcycle-...1QQcmdZViewItem

Just do this for less than $10 at Wally World.

http://www.webbikeworld.com/Motorcycle-tec...icles/air-pump/

Mine fits in my tail section along with some gooey rope and cement.

You'll need 7 CO2 cartridges to fill our rear, with a pump you have an infinite supply.

EDIT: I now looked at the Ebay offer, For $40 delivered doesn't look too bad with all the stuff you get, I don't think it's a real money maker for the guy.

http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/sto...28573_200328573

Here's the one i just got, haven't used it yet :icon_whistle: , but it was highly rated when compared to other smaller compressors including Sparrow. What I like is the 8' SAE extension cord and included aligator clips, can be also be used for jumpers in emergency. Good price too with all the stuff included...

Are these compressors strong enough to seat the bead on a freshly mounted tire? Like if you were mounting a new tire on the road? I don't think it would be any different than putting 42psi in anyway, right?

No !!

They are for emergency use, where the bead ia already seated. They do not produce enough volumn to seat the bead.

Are these compressors strong enough to seat the bead on a freshly mounted tire? Like if you were mounting a new tire on the road? I don't think it would be any different than putting 42psi in anyway, right?

No !!

They are for emergency use, where the bead ia already seated. They do not produce enough volumn to seat the bead.

Good to know...is a full size compressor the only thing that will seat a bead?

No !!

Good to know...is a full size compressor the only thing that will seat a bead?

Ether (starting fluid) and a match... THROW the match... DO NOT HOLD IT!

That having been said, you can usually just push down on the tire while the pump is pumping, and it'll seat...

Mike

That having been said, you can usually just push down on the tire while the pump is pumping, and it'll seat...

Mike

The ether is tempting but only in a pinch.

I have a 125psi compressor about the size of and infant that will seat as long at the tire is reasonable round in the rim. It runs out of steam after about 10 seconds. How long will one of these portable's blow hard air? :icon_tits:

Mike

The ether is tempting but only in a pinch.

I have a 125psi compressor about the size of and infant that will seat as long at the tire is reasonable round in the rim. It runs out of steam after about 10 seconds. How long will one of these portable's blow hard air? :icon_tits:

They don't ever blow hard air... They pump air VERY slowly, actually... You can't seat a bead at all with them unless it's sealed all the way around, but just needs to get over the hump to be seated...

Mike