CBR1100XX.org Forum

Tires...again. Specifically, Michelin dual compound.

rockmeupto125

Has anyone had an opportunity to try these tires with hard compound centers and sticky sides? Or barring that, seen or read a long-term evaluation of them?

Joe, if you are referring to the 2CT Michelins, what I have read is that the center is the normal Pilot Power compound and the sides are a 20% softer compound.

Has anyone had an opportunity to try these tires with hard compound centers and sticky sides? Or barring that, seen or read a long-term evaluation of them?

I've been using several sets of Michelin Power 2CT (dual compound) both on a sport bike and heavier bikes similar to the Bird. The wear resistance is not very good, but the grip and overall performance is absolutely outstanding. This year Michelin is releasing a new version of Pilot Road with dual compound, Pilot Road 2. That might be a very good tyre for a sports tourer like the Bird, and I'll try a set this year. If they last longer than Z6's, which they claim, and have a better lean-grip (unclaimed) it could be a win-win situation using Pilot Road 2.

That Pilot Road 2 does sound interesting. I'm running Powers right now and love them. I don't know yet how many miles I'm gonna get out of them.

What kind of mileage do you call "not very good?"

I meant about 5000 km's with my riding style, not aggressive but using the Birds full power on a daily basis. Metzeler Z6's will run the double and Road 2 could be even better since they are claimed by Michelin to last longer than Z6's. The figures are realtive of course, and depend in your riding style and if you run the tyre completely down or not (I don’t).

Some info on http://www.superbike.co.uk/products/tyres/...ews_108447.html

and http://www.michelin.co.uk/uk/front/affich....codeRubrique=66