CBR1100XX.org Forum

Boot recommendations please

BarryG

My Vega Nitros are toast....threw them in the trash last night....cheapest waterproof boot I could find but didn't last long.

Any recommendations for a boot I can wear year round (won't roast me in the summer) that's preferably waterproof and I can use on the XX and the Nomad?

I like the look of some of the cruiser boots but they appear too bulky for the XX.

Thinking maybe Sidi?

Thanks for any input.

I have a pair of Sidi On Roads that are up around a decade old with more miles on them than I can remember. Still waterproof and in good shape.

Not cheap, but a quality product that you will have for a very long time.

http://www.motonation.com/item.asp?cid=2&a...id=7&rdir=1

Here's what they may look like in 2017-

post-24-1169939910_thumb.jpg

I'd suggest a pair of Oxtor Matrixx GT. Goretex lined and 100% waterproof. Mine are 3 1/2 years old and I wear them almost every day.

Very comfortable and look good even with close to 100,000 miles on them

I bought mine from www.newenough.com

thanks guys....I think I'm going to try on the Sidi Champions...they carry them locally....and the Oxtar Matrix if I can find them in a store...

problem with ordering online on a boot I've never tried on is size.....I vary from a 9.5 to 11 depending on the manuf...

I have a pair of Sidi On Roads that are up around a decade old with more miles on them than I can remember. Still waterproof and in good shape.

Redbird, how does the protection of Sidi On Road compare with, let's say, Alpinestar SMX?

From the look of the Sidi, it seems that it doesn't have the side-to-side protection of the

ankles?

Thanks!

-mike-

Redbird, how does the protection of Sidi On Road compare with, let's say, Alpinestar SMX?

From the look of the Sidi, it seems that it doesn't have the side-to-side protection of the

ankles?

Thanks!

-mike-

Protection is minimal. No hard armor, no lateral ankle support- just a bit of padding on the shin. They're comfortable, waterproof touring boots, but come nowhere close to a purpose made "race" boot when it comes to safety. I have a pair of SMX Plus Alpinestars for when I want the extra protection.

I decided to go w/the Oxtar matrix gore-tex 2.0. Looks like it should fit my needs and only been reading good things about them here and elsewhere. Derby motorcycles (online) has them for $181 shipped.....a little cheaper than newenough. I'm normally a 10 so ordered a 10.5....can always exchange them for an 11 if needed.

Until the oxtar's show up... I'll be riding in these....which still have some life left.....since it's all I got. Better than nothing...barely.

IPB Image

Alpinestars SMX-3 I believe are the ones I bought last year and they are water proof.

All the years I was being cheap and buying budget boots boy am I sorry now these are soooo nice and super comfortable!