CBR1100XX.org Forum

Countershaft Oil Seal Replacement

oms

I might have to replace the countershaft oil seal - the seal between the shaft that the front sprocket sits on and the engine/gearbox case on my blackbird engine.

Does anyone have any instructions/tips on how to do this?

The engine is out and currently sitting on my bench with a home made frame so access shouldn't be a problem.

Thanks in advance

:icon_biggrin:

I might have to replace the countershaft oil seal - the seal between the shaft that the front sprocket sits on and the engine/gearbox case on my blackbird engine.

Does anyone have any instructions/tips on how to do this?

The engine is out and currently sitting on my bench with a home made frame so access shouldn't be a problem.

Thanks in advance

:icon_biggrin:

Are you sure it's leaking? That area collects alot of crap from the chain.

It's not leaking at the moment, but I have to weld the engine block since I managed to crack the mount racing last season and I'm fairly sure the heat created during the welding is going to affect the seal therefore I'd like to know how to get it out and put a new one in!

Thanks

Well,since you can afford to ruin the old one,it is not dif. ,just use small flat head screwdriver to drive the seal out,stick it between the schaft and the seal and pull it out. You may have to attack it couple of times from dif, angles,

Clean everything very well,oil the new seal , tap it gently with the hammer,once it starts going in you can use old seal to drive new one,,,,,