CBR1100XX.org Forum

XX parts, who's the fastest turnaround time?

BarryG

I need to order a new rear axle bolt and nut....crossthreaded mine......violated simple rule of tightening by HAND first....then using the torque wrench......anyway need new parts.

Does RonAyers deliver relatively quickly? Local parts dept at dealer is saying one week but who knows.

Any recommendations on online places?

Thx.

I can testify from lots of experience ordering OEM Honda parts that Honda order processing is very slow.

Anything the dealer has to order in from Honda will take at least 7 days to process at Honda. Then aloww 3-5 days shipping from Honda to the dealer then another 2-5 days to ship to whereever you are.

Ordering from Honda Directline, Rons Ayers, Service Honda or University or whatever dealer id fine just get the best price and plan on a wait of around two weeks.

My CCT's takes 2 weeks just to get from Honda to So Florida and that is calling in the order direct to Honda and having them delivered directly to Honda Directline where I pick them up personally the day they arrive.

The Bird may be fast but Honda is SSLLLOOOOWWWWW !

:icon_whistle: Try

www.bikebandit.com

i can get oem parts in 5 days.

u can look your own oem parts up on line.

poss be sooner if you live closer to california cause thats where

they are located.

Erik

I need to order a new rear axle bolt and nut....crossthreaded mine......violated simple rule of tightening by HAND first....then using the torque wrench......anyway need new parts.

Does RonAyers deliver relatively quickly? Local parts dept at dealer is saying one week but who knows.

Any recommendations on online places?

Thx.

Local dealers have ordered parts as "vehicle out of service" for me. I pay a 10% upcharge and the extra shipping, and get it next day if the regional warehouse has it in stock. Might ask them about it.

Perhaps some current or ex dealership employees could chime in.

I assume #16 is the nut

NO, #16 are the nuts for the sprocket. If it's the axle nut you're looking for, I believe it's #15.

Whoops......don't know where your schematic went. :icon_confused:

Cool thanks...here's the pic.

Also does anyone know what the difference in these OEM chain "sets" are? They appear to contain both sprockets as well.

27: CHAIN SET, DRIVE

(DID50 112-120L) (DAIDO) 184613-001 $239.47

27: CHAIN SET, DRIVE

(RK 50-112-120L) (RK EXCEL) 184614-001 $239.47

IPB Image

It looks like one comes with a DID brand chain and the other has the RK.

Any preference as to which is better?

i had both kinds.

They are about the same need to keep the oiling up on them. :icon_wink: