CBR1100XX.org Forum

Widder users Help!

RXX

I got gloves last year. They are really neat and help a bunch. I just got a vest for Christmas and arm chaps. Then the next week, leg chaps for birthday.

My problem is the controller. It seems the coil is on the wrong side of the box. Where are you guys putting the controller itself? It doesn't seem to fit well wherever I put it.

Any hints overall about the units?

i don't use the controller. just the on/off switch. if it's cold enough to have them on, i want them on. if i would get hot (hasn't happened yet) i can shut them off. i have my plug in located just under the right front section of my seat. right between the frame and the bottom of the seat. works great.

-b

I have the bimetal thermostat controller. I put it in the pocket of my outer jacket.

Other than that, I'm not sure why you'd have a problem putting the "controller" anywhere. I'd think that Widder would have put enough length on the wires to give you some options.

I don't use the controller either, but I'm just using the gloves. I have my connector coming out on the left side of the bike between the seat and frame.

I've only had them a short while, and used them once, but this is some of the best money I've have spent in a long time, and wish I would have gotten them sooner. They made a 250 mile 40 degree morning ride, thanksgiving day, pleasant. Never got too hot.

I have a couple of Tourmaster jackets with zip in liners, and this makes hiding the wiring easy, and you don't even know it is in the jacket when you aren't using the electric stuff. I just zip the on-off switch in the inner pocket when I'm off the bike.

Randy

I might consider getting the gloves as well.

I have heated grips, but they'll broil the palms but let fingers freeze when it's cold enough.

It's a hard call because when it's below freezing, I'm not inclined to take the 'Bird out (or any bike for that mater).