CBR1100XX.org Forum

carb synch adapters

Eric_The_Jew

As you guys know, our bikes use an unconventional way of tapping into a vaccum source when it comes to synching the throttle bodies or carbs. You've gotta buy 4 adapters that screw into the cylinder head, and your synch tool hoses will attach to these.

My question is, where have you guys purchased them? Morgan Carbtune offers them, but they list a 5mm and a 6mm size option. What size does the Bird need?

As you guys know, our bikes use an unconventional way of tapping into a vaccum source when it comes to synching the throttle bodies or carbs. You've gotta buy 4 adapters that screw into the cylinder head, and your synch tool hoses will attach to these.

My question is, where have you guys purchased them? Morgan Carbtune offers them, but they list a 5mm and a 6mm size option. What size does the Bird need?

The Motion Pro mercury sticks comes with the adaptors you need.

yep, that's what I've got... In fact, every bike I've worked on has had those, so I don't know what the "standard" way is, if it's not those... in fact, the only one that I know of that uses another way is SOME yamahas (FZ1, namely), and you have to buy a special adaptor for them...

yep, that's what I've got... In fact, every bike I've worked on has had those, so I don't know what the "standard" way is, if it's not those... in fact, the only one that I know of that uses another way is SOME yamahas (FZ1, namely), and you have to buy a special adaptor for them...

Hmmm...that's strange. Every bike with carbs that I have synched in the past has had the vaccum nipples and rubber caps built directly onto the carbs themselves. Guess maybe that design is the exception to the rule?

Hmmm...that's strange. Every bike with carbs that I have synched in the past has had the vaccum nipples and rubber caps built directly onto the carbs themselves. Guess maybe that design is the exception to the rule?

I've only done Honda's from the early 80's and my 97 Bird and they all had the same setup. You can buy the nipples and rubbers and install them permanently.

Heh heh I said nipples and rubbers :icon_evilgrin:

5 mm.BTW it is totally conventional.Newer yamahas (r1) use 6mm adapters.

The best set up,by far,has Yamaha yzf 1000r.It comes with vacum lines already in place.No bad words and burned fingers.