CBR1100XX.org Forum

Scott ProOiler peeps

Zero Knievel

How are you guys doing on your install?

I just about tore the 'Bird apart trying to find the speedo signal wire, but I eventually found it. I don't think too much about those wire splicers they tossed in. It worked on the speedo wire, but on the power and ground, the wires kept going around the pin, so I used the other type I already had in my toolkit that use a conductive blade.

I have yet to get the nozzles mounted (tomorrow), but the only odd problem is that the bottle I got has no place I can mount it that gives easy access to the cap for refilling. Too big perhaps, but I'm going to put it back in the rear of the cowl by the taillights and pack a clean shop rag in to keep it from shifting. No other place I tried seems to work. Between the pillon frame and the cowling would force me to remove the cowel, and that means removing a luggage rack system every time.

Last winter I cut the helmet tab off flush then got some plumber's strap, painted it black, and tapped into the frame. I wrapped this around the reservoir. It is not hard to fill up. I ran the vent hose up to the rear of the frame, a couple of inches above the level of the res.

You really really should solder every connex on the bike.

Do those oilers throw alot of oil of the chain and on the bike? I have ben debating about installing one but I fear a major mess on my bike. Ron

Save yourself a headache and buy a soldering iron and solder/shrink wrap the wires now.

None of those taps seem to be very good in the long term.

Perhaps next year. Two of the wires are easy to reach. The signal wire, now that I know where it's at, won't be hard to get to.

My Pro-Oiler is one of the earlier units. Here's where I put it.

Under the seat.

IPB Image

The bottle fits perfectly under the bar. It holds plenty when mounted that way and it's easy to fill.

Controller on the dash.

IPB Image

BTW. The Pro-Oiler is not made by Scott.