CBR1100XX.org Forum

CBR 1100xx invert forks

Mitch_1100xx

I think that there's been a few people that have put RC51 forks on their birds. It's a quite involved swap though, as you have to change your tripples, clip-ons, brakes, wheels, brake lines, delink the rear brakes, new front fender, changing your electrical switches, changing your throttle, etc. It would be alot of work and probably alot of coin to get it done properly.

I think that there's been a few people that have put RC51 forks on their birds. It's a quite involved swap though, as you have to change your tripples, clip-ons, brakes, wheels, brake lines, delink the rear brakes, new front fender, changing your electrical switches, changing your throttle, etc. It would be alot of work and probably alot of coin to get it done properly.

yea i have heard of 954 and stuff havint that done but i know there is alot more to it. and like anything with all the time and money it might actually be close to the same amount as simply buying the overpriced kit. if it is still around. although that is ALOT of money..

If you want to do it to get your bike lower, EliXXiR has the RC forks on his. Get in touch with him and he'll probably let you know exactly what you'll need.

With the inverted forks, you can actually lower the bike more than if you kept the stock setup for drag racing. It involves a specially made upper tripple clamp though and it would have to be machined just for you. I think Dean (elixxir) has his about 2" off the ground.

Its on my list of things to do. I have a complete RC front end waiting for me to get off my ass and get to work on it. I think it will be a nice winter project.

Yeah OzCrow has gone the RC51 front end but a lot of work new triples, front guard different front wheel, different brakes and M/C.