CBR1100XX.org Forum

CBR1100XX Exhaust Notes

mrak26

I'm on the prowl for a new set of pipes. I'm looking towards slip-ons as I prefer to keep the center stand ,without any modding, but I am having a hard time on deciding on which to go with. I'm looking for something that makes a nice deep tune but can also be subtle enough to allow me to drone along on the highway without alarming the local LEO's. Is anyone aware of a site that I can go to download a sample of the exhausts of different pipe manufacturers? Thanks for any suggetions.

I know there is a site or two, but I do not know what they are. I think some of the maufacturers also sound clips on their sites.

For what's its worth, I have a '97 and recently bought a pair of Scorpions. I really like them, deep throaty sound and will never need to re-pack them. They are not terribly loud. I enjoy a few more MPG per tankful and have not had to do any mods.

Good luck.

I have Microns and if you search Micron on the web you can find some English blokes that have some sound clips with slip ons, also try the European BlackBird site, I think you can find them there also, they are quite amusing, Im not sure if they are really helpful but worth the listen anyway . By the way I like my Microns. On idle , nice low rumble(thanks to the enormous connecting tubes) , leading to a growl at revs but not too loud to attract the wrong attention. Easy install, and everything fits(tight) including the rubber thingy to protect the pipe from the centre stand. I have polished aluminum cans , they are SOFT so beware of what you use to give them a nice shine. Enjoy BBB Gord

I have a set of Yoshi slip ons and I really like them. They sound better w/ RPM, have a nice gurgle at idle. They are much lighter than the stock cans too. My '99 has run great w/ them and a K&N filter. This week though I have a Power Commander coming for it.

Good Hunting

MTXX

I have a pair of Two Bro C 5 Titanium slip ons. Very light, an awsome sound especially above 7,000 rpm. I also have a pc iii and a K&N. I think they may have to be re-packed at a future date but I'm not certain. They look good and I'm pleased with them. I recommend them. They have sound bites as well on their web site. '02 with 100,200 kms.

I have Two Brothers CarbonFiber with C5 cans. The sound is AMAZING: Deep, Low, and Super Tuned, I'd say they are moderatly loud, but at highway speeds the sound is not too audible at all. However everyone knows that a serious machine is coming when they hear the XX with the 2Bros. Unfortunatly for me those people are usually the local five0. The bike looks and sounds fast and for what every reason it seems that my XX w/ 2Bros is Public Enemy Number One. I dont think I drew nearly the same amount of attention from the police before as i do now with the TwoBros.

You'll get to hear my TBR shotgun soon enough!

I know we played around a little but our two bikes sound different with the different cans? Iwasn't really paying attention.

I'll have to put my vote in for the Blueflames. You can make them a little bit louder than stock with the plugs and baffles in. With the baffles and plugs out, they sound like the D&D's at low RPM with a low tone and they keep that sound without getting too loud or raspy. You can play with the different combination of baffles or plugs and tune the sound to what you want from quiet to loud.

I actually wanted a pair of Leo Vince's pretty badly, but i could not find them. I called all over and I guess they quite making them for the XX. But Leo Vince stuff is the best IMO. If you can find em buy em!

I'll have to put my vote in for the Blueflames. You can make them a little bit louder than stock with the plugs and baffles in. With the baffles and plugs out, they sound like the D&D's at low RPM with a low tone and they keep that sound without getting too loud or raspy. You can play with the different combination of baffles or plugs and tune the sound to what you want from quiet to loud.

I'm with Demon. The Blue flames sound awesome. great deep throaty sound with out being overbearing. On the ride home I had harley riders wondering who made my exhaust...

I actually wanted a pair of Leo Vince's pretty badly, but i could not find them. I called all over and I guess they quite making them for the XX. But Leo Vince stuff is the best IMO. If you can find em buy em!

Call Shawn @ Tricktape.com, tell him Krypt Keeper sent you :icon_wink:

He will get you Leo's, I waited 8 weeks for mine as they are made in Italy and there was none to be had in the US. Seems they only make the pipes for a certain bike at one given time.

The newer updated pipes are even better than the ones I got. I like the newer endcap spout more so than mine.

But the sound is just amazing. I rode with 8 or 9 Busa's a month or so ago. All had different exhausts, but my Leo's got the most attention. They carry a sweet low rumble tone and also not seem on every bike. Got multiple compliments on their sound.

post-1152-1161084057_thumb.jpg

Out side of an RC51 with a full Sato system, Leo Vinces sound the best on all bikes. They are awsome exhaust. I wish I would have known about this guy before I dropped the dough on the 2Bros!

Out side of an RC51 with a full Sato system, Leo Vinces sound the best on all bikes. They are awsome exhaust. I wish I would have known about this guy before I dropped the dough on the 2Bros!

Here in Holland the Laser pipes are the best sold. Both Hotcam and Duotech types own about 25% of the market.

http://www.laserexhausts.com/en/documents/235/Hotcam.html

http://www.laserexhausts.com/en/documents/234/duo-tech.html

Leo Vinci is sold for the BB, but not very well. The Lasers sound better, and look better. Two Brothers and Akra are too expensive here.

Bos (from Germany) is also sold quite good. They have the deepest sound of all pipes we know here in Europe.

http://www.bos-exhausts.com/e-producten.html