CBR1100XX.org Forum

One handed seat removal

Bandit XX

[attachmentid=3808]I can't be the only one with this problem. you have to set your helmet down to unlatch your seat to use helmet lock well I came up with a 30 min. fix I found a small spring and mouted it to the under side of my seat so it works like the spring on your car hood. This is so simple I am sure someone else as done it. :icon_razz:

post-3388-1159982104_thumb.jpg

Thats another useless thing Honda puts on the bikes, The tool pouch is another. You can take them off and leave them at home in some junk drawer.. :icon_wink:

Now THAT s being an inconsiderate motorcyclist.

How are you going to help the stranded Hardly-Ableson and Buell riders if you don't have your tool-kit?

Thats another useless thing Honda puts on the bikes, The tool pouch is another. You can take them off and leave them at home in some junk drawer.. :icon_wink:

Now THAT s being an inconsiderate motorcyclist.

How are you going to help the stranded Hardly-Ableson and Buell riders if you don't have your tool-kit?

I help harley riders by giving them a business card to a honda dealership and allow them to use my cell to call them.

Good idea I'll have to do that one to my Blackbird when I get it.

It is the owners manual.

What's that blue thingie in the middle of the seat? The bottom of my stocker didn't have anything like that! :icon_think:

:icon_lol:

the blue thingie as you call it is the owners manual owners manual.

Good idea I'll have to do that one to my Blackbird when I get it.

It is the owners manual.

What's that blue thingie in the middle of the seat? The bottom of my stocker didn't have anything like that! :icon_think:

:icon_lol:

the blue thingie as you call it is the owners manual owners manual.

LOL! They know!!

Great idea, by the way! :icon_dance: Now if I can find a way/place to put the seat so the corners of the vinyl don't get tattered after repeatedly leaning the seat on the ground against the bike!..

[attachmentid=3823]

Is it set in place with a washer and screw?

What the weather like in your part of Alaska?

What I did was took a pair of needle nose pliers and at the base of the spring I made the loop smaller and it is held in place with a small pan head screw. As for the weather I am still riding but not much longer it is 45F. today and raining getting down around 32F. at night.I just installed Dual Star hand warmers they work great I am going to keep riding until it starts to snow any day now.

post-3388-1160007601_thumb.jpg

I just turn the key, the seat unlatches and I grab it with my left hand then take my helmet off my head with my right hand - works for me :icon_wink: