CBR1100XX.org Forum

Lean

Jetfixxr

Just had a friend of mine put the XX on a dyno, just to see what it is doing, it is leaning out. First question? What airfilter? K&N, he recommends shimming the valves and upsizing the jets but the bike leaned out to the point where he stopped the pull, also stock pipes. Comments anyone?

thanks Jet.

Sell it.

:icon_biggrin:

What are you doing tomorrow? I'm riding to Bardstown and Versailes in the morning.

You are killing me, "Sell It" Maybe i give it to the wife and get myself an EFI Blackbird.

Jet

Is the PAIR disabled?

Nope, it is a bone stock 97 with a k&n airfilter.

Jet

Sell it.

:icon_biggrin:

What are you doing tomorrow? I'm riding to Bardstown and Versailes in the morning.

I have to do something in the am then study for a final, do you go on rides frequently during the week if so you need to let me know i would join.

Jet.

Stock jetting? Stock Pipes? K&N?

There's your problem.

Either jet it or go back to stock air filter. The K&N have been known to lean a bike out.

Just had a friend of mine put the XX on a dyno, just to see what it is doing, it is leaning out. First question? What airfilter? K&N, he recommends shimming the valves and upsizing the jets but the bike leaned out to the point where he stopped the pull, also stock pipes. Comments anyone?

thanks Jet.

I had the same problem with the K&N, but after pulling the PAIR valve, shimming the needles and backing the jets out 2 turns, the bike runs great. I also added the timing advance kit. Stock exhaust as well. No popping on decel at all.

Mike

thanks Jet.

I had the same problem with the K&N, but after pulling the PAIR valve, shimming the needles and backing the jets out 2 turns, the bike runs great. I also added the timing advance kit. Stock exhaust as well. No popping on decel at all.

Mike

Mike, try this. I installed 2 #142 mains (so now all 4 are 142's) Went to #45 pilot jets with pilot screws out 2.5 turns and added washers to my needles for a total with the stock washers of 45 thousanths. runs awesome!

Now even with 1 tooth up on the front (18 tooth) it's trying to power wheelie in 2nd gear! The front tire is just skimming the pavement and if it hits a slight bump it leaves.

thanks Jet.

Mike

Mike, try this. I installed 2 #142 mains (so now all 4 are 142's) Went to #45 pilot jets with pilot screws out 2.5 turns and added washers to my needles for a total with the stock washers of 45 thousanths. runs awesome!

Now even with 1 tooth up on the front (18 tooth) it's trying to power wheelie in 2nd gear! The front tire is just skimming the pavement and if it hits a slight bump it leaves.

Pete,

Any mileage drop off? I am runnng premium and it does run great. Sounds like a good winter project. I don't think I've ever revved the bike over 6K rpms, but I do like the power increase thus far with the mods I have made.

Thanks.

Mike

I just did it over the weekend so still waiting to see mileage drop.

I only used premium for 2 tanks after the ignition advancer then went back to regular, no problems.

Haven't revved over 6k yet? :icon_eek: Boy are you in for a surprise! Don't do it in first gear, start in second or higher. Trust me.

I only used premium for 2 tanks after the ignition advancer then went back to regular, no problems.

Haven't revved over 6k yet? :icon_eek: Boy are you in for a surprise! Don't do it in first gear, start in second or higher. Trust me.

I know, I'm open for criticism. The bike is just so powerful I have not found the need to go beyond 6k. I know there is a lot of chatter on this forum about rev limiters and high RPM's, but just never felt compelled to do it. I'm the same way with the cars; very conservative and very seldom do I floor it unless I need to. I have a trip to Lock Haven the weekend of 10/13 to meet up with a group of Canadians driving down from Toronto and maybe I'll give it a go at the higher RPM's then.

I run the premium because BJ's sells it and they don't have a Plus grade. An extra 25 cents a gallon and I do feel the difference.

Mike

I know, I'm open for criticism. The bike is just so powerful I have not found the need to go beyond 6k. I know there is a lot of chatter on this forum about rev limiters and high RPM's, but just never felt compelled to do it. I'm the same way with the cars; very conservative and very seldom do I floor it unless I need to. I have a trip to Lock Haven the weekend of 10/13 to meet up with a group of Canadians driving down from Toronto and maybe I'll give it a go at the higher RPM's then.

I run the premium because BJ's sells it and they don't have a Plus grade. An extra 25 cents a gallon and I do feel the difference.

Mike

Well from what all you guys are telling me my winter project for the bike is decided, as well as having a shop paint my fairings. Stock Honda CBR1100XX black, however if i wasn't so anal about some things i could have them paint it to match the 06 Euro paint scheme. Stock black is fine with me though.

Jet

Mike

Most birds really don't start to wake up until 7000rmp and up, then look out.

0-3000 RPM are slighly laggly 3000-7000 it's starting to wake up, 7000+ hang on.....

If you aren't going above 7000 RPM don't mod anything yet.... get use to it in 3rd first and work your way down if you haven't done it before to get a feel for it....