CBR1100XX.org Forum

seafoam

rossh

i drained almost all the suspect gas from the tank.i will let it sit for 3 days then refill it. do i just add the seafoam to the new gas and if so how much? i'm hoping this was what cause the stumbling a few days ago.should i maybe put a gallon of 70% alchol in shake it up then drain that b4 refilling?see bike stumbling 09/25.

Quote from the can.

"When added to gas or diesel fuel tank"

"one pint treats 8-25 gallons of fuel ( avg 1oz. per gal.)"

I usually pour 1/2 can into my XX or Magna tank. The can says it De-ices and removes moisture.

I'm not a big fan of mixing Snake oils. Clean tank, drained carb bowls, do the 1oz/ gal thing and give it a try.

i drained almost all the suspect gas from the tank.i will let it sit for 3 days then refill it. do i just add the seafoam to the new gas and if so how much? i'm hoping this was what cause the stumbling a few days ago.should i maybe put a gallon of 70% alchol in shake it up then drain that b4 refilling?see bike stumbling 09/25.

Sex on the Beach

Ingredients

2 Oz SeaFoam

3/4 Oz Peach Schnapps

1/2 Fill Cranberry Juice

1/2 Fill Grapefruit Juice

:icon_dance:

I just did my bike. (heh).

I have a vacuum line that is tee'd into all four throttle bodies and operates my cruise control. Once I warmed the bike up to full temp, I disconnected the vacuum line at the cruise solenoid and stuck the end of the hose in the can of seafoam. I started the bike and held about 4000rpm until the can was 1/2 empty (it will want to stall). Warning, it smokes like nothing you have ever seen before. I'm talking about solid, thick, cumulus-looking clouds that will completely obscure your neighborhood for at least 1/4 square block. :)

Once the 1/2 can is in thru the vacuum line, I hit the kill switch and let that sit for about 15 minutes. Dump the other 1/2 of the can in the gas tank.

After the 15 minutes, start it up and drive the rest of the seafoam out. It smokes like a motherfucker for about 10 miles of 6,000 rpm cruising. You get funny looks and maybe a ticket if you're in the wrong place.

I have 12,000 miles on the bike, and like I've heard others say, you don't know what you're missing till you get it back. The bike feels awesome, definite improvement in part throttle response and smoothness.

Seafoam is the shit.

We have a 2000 Toyota Sienna. Shut up. Brought it into the dealer for a replacement (forgot what it was but I didn't have the time to do it myself). A fellow 'Bird owner (Paul - silver '02???) at the parts counter highly recommended a service team for me to do the work. We all talked (me, service lead, and Paul) and decided to do the 80,000 mile service since it had 120,000 on it. :icon_rolleyes: Anyway, they did a Seafoam deep creep or something like that to the intake system. I forgot how damn well that van ran!!! Over the years it slowly degraded and didn't notice it. When we picked it up, it was like a new vehicle. I am absolutely sold on SeaFoam. :icon_biggrin:

Reading the Seafoam can, Deep Creep is the aerosol version of Seafoam. I have not seen it on the shelf, but I bet it is easier than pulling it into a engine via a vaccuum line.

LOL,

I have too much shit on my desk. On the can from my desk, 4th line down, under INSTANT ACTION written in Redd, " Oxygen Sensor Safe". It's in print on the can, so it must be true. :icon_biggrin:

Is Seafoam oxygen-sensor safe? It didn't say anything on its can or its web site

so I think it implied that it isn't safe for car oxygen-sensor and catalytic converter?

Is it safe to use on cars?

Yes, says it right on the can.