CBR1100XX.org Forum

DADDY'S LITTLE GIRL

darkwing

last week I caught my 4 year old filling up her big sisters four wheel with the water hose. still running but not good. I took the tank off and drained the tank and flushed the lines out. let it set for two days to dry out, added new gas with some water remover addititve. it ran ggod for about 10 min the stalled. Now it will start fine but it will not rev very high, almost like a constant idle, and will only do this for about 30 seconds then it shuts off. I changed plug and gas filter. it is a kaw 50. What else should I do??? :icon_wall:

ps. the 4 wheeler was not started with any gas in the tank.

thanx for any info

jamie

If you have drained the gast tank, and the lines, the only thing left would be to drop the bottom out of the carbs and make sure they are drained. Then back together with ample water remover. Should work out for you. It not reving very high was the same as my bike when I had a decent amount of water (inches) in the tank). The pickup would pull gas until it got greedy and then sucked in the water.

If you have drained the gast tank, and the lines, the only thing left would be to drop the bottom out of the carbs and make sure they are drained. Then back together with ample water remover. Should work out for you. It not reving very high was the same as my bike when I had a decent amount of water (inches) in the tank). The pickup would pull gas until it got greedy and then sucked in the water.

Thanx that is what i plan on doing today.

KIDS,

My dad tells a story that when I was little I wanted a third hotdog. I was allowed, as long as I ate the whole thing. Understand that at 6'3" and 235 lbs, dad was a giant to a 4 year old.

Seems his beater work car, ( Renault Dolphine) would go for a while then stop. If he pulled off the road and sat for a while, it would start up and go again. This only happened when the tank was half full.

He finally had enough and pulled the tank. He found half of my hotdog. It would float around in the tank until it found the fuel pickup, then plug the pickup. After sitting, the vaccuum would ease off, and the hotdog would drift away for another week or two.

It is only by luck and having a great dad that I lived to adulthood.

+1 on the Seafoam. It will dry the water, and help remove any sludge that formed in the jets.

Nothing to add, but I would try the seafoam too.

When my daughter was a toddler I noticed her putting small pebbles in the exhaust pipe of my V45 Sabre. It was parked outside under a carport. I made sure she was out of the way and started it up. It shot the pebbles about 10ft into my metal shed. Ping, ping ping.... :icon_biggrin: I also used to find legos and blocks in my boots. :icon_rolleyes:

Nothing to add, but I would try the seafoam too.

When my daughter was a toddler I noticed her putting small pebbles in the exhaust pipe of my V45 Sabre. It was parked outside under a carport. I made sure she was out of the way and started it up. It shot the pebbles about 10ft into my metal shed. Ping, ping ping.... :icon_biggrin: I also used to find legos and blocks in my boots. :icon_rolleyes:

my boy tries to help me downstairs.. This consists of him trying to take a wrench or something to my bike. :icon_eek:

I love finding legos and blocks and crap in my boots...

Then again how can you be mad at something this cute

post-1152-1159558250_thumb.jpg

Thanx for everything, seafoam has it running fine on flat land, but does not have the compression to pull up the slightest incline :icon_wall:

Compression ?? Or is it just bogging out ?

Easy way to get rid of the water is to get some rubbing alcohol at the drug store. Don't cheap out here, get the 70% stuff. It mixes readily with water and will form something that is burnable. About 1 or 2 pints in the gas tank and you should be fine.

In Canada, we use Methlhydrate.....cheap like borsche, and will remove water like magic. You can put quite abit in, as it will not harm your engine.