CBR1100XX.org Forum

Battery Tender Jr. and 2 battery’s

Involute

Have any of you used ONE Battery Tender Jr. over the winter to maintain TWO bike battery’s? If I connect 2 battery’s in parallel and hook the Battery Tender up to one of the battery’s am I asking for problems? :icon_confused:

Damn, I typed the answer and had a glitch...here goes again.

I have used mine to charge a car battery that was larger than 2 bike batteries, so size will not be a problem. My only concern would be if 1 battery was bad and 1 good, would the brain of the Jr. freak out.

Battery Tender does make a multi bike charger

Have any of you used ONE Battery Tender Jr. over the winter to maintain TWO bike battery’s? If I connect 2 battery’s in parallel and hook the Battery Tender up to one of the battery’s am I asking for problems? :icon_confused:

I have used mine to charge a car battery that was larger than 2 bike batteries, so size will not be a problem. My only concern would be if 1 battery was bad and 1 good, would the brain of the Jr. freak out.

I just rotate mine between 2 or 3 batteries, every week or 2 as i think or it.

Two car batteries and the bike .

Herb

Herb

Now that’s a good idea. I’m just too dumb to think of something that simple I guess. I was more worried about messing up the battery’s than I was the charger. A messed up charger won’t leave me stranded in BFE. :icon_smile:

Herb

Now that’s a good idea. I’m just too dumb to think of something that simple I guess. I was more worried about messing up the battery’s than I was the charger. A messed up charger won’t leave me stranded in BFE. :icon_smile:

:icon_wink: Now u just have to remember to switch the charger every other week. Life is never ez....

My only concern would be if 1 battery was bad and 1 good, would the brain of the Jr. freak out.

Actually, I believe it does present issues with the full float circuitry where it may not shut down charging in one or the other battery resulting in an overcharging situation.