CBR1100XX.org Forum

Power wheelies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Byrdman

Holy shit, I just got my 2002 all finished and it pulls like a damn freigh train, pulls much harder than my 1998 ever did!

I can power wheelie in first and second gear with no effort. I wonder if it's because of the CZ rims and the carbon fiber rotors or does the fuel injection simply add that much power?

I think first gear is a given on any bird. Second gear mine wouldn't even think about coming up without the clutch.

When I changed the gearing to 16 and 47 it would come up pretty easily above 6000 rpm. Then I went back

to the stock rear 16 and 45 and I think the slightly longer wheelbase makes as much difference as the taller gearing

but with a full exhaust now it can be coaxed up without the clutch but you gotta sit back chop the throttle and wack

it open at 7000 or just over. Above 8000 you will hit redline before it gets all the way up. That is in the typical

hot texas weather. Let the temperature drop though and the horsepower goes WAY up along with the front end :icon_twisted:

At the moment though she is sitting LOW. As long as you are not sitting upright you wack it wide open in first gear

and holy cow!! :icon_twisted: I can't wait to get to the track with some cooler weather and a better tire and see

what she will really do.

carbon fiber rotors

I would like to see them. Photos?

Yeah, me too. These aren't the ones that take forever to heat, are they? I read a write up in RandT about rotors on the shoot out cars that never produced enough heat to stop the car. Those may have been the titanium, though, I don't remember.

Holy shit, I just got my 2002 all finished and it pulls like a damn freigh train, pulls much harder than my 1998 ever did!

I can power wheelie in first and second gear with no effort. I wonder if it's because of the CZ rims and the carbon fiber rotors or does the fuel injection simply add that much power?

Most likely it's a combination of both, I'm assuming you have a power commander in place, too. EFI can provide the ability to tune across the powerband which is something that usually involves trade offs when attempting to tune carbs.

Congrats on getting it back together! Of course.. we DO need pictures!

It's because it's that super fast and powerful silver 2002 that kfcrtwhtoewnfdsrrew4 has been talking about. You were a cool guy already. Now you are one of the super cool guys!!

Probably the wheels and rotors, along with some of the weight you've dropped on the subframe, etc... I don't know what header you're using, but the FI headers mate differently (paired differently) on the 4-2 part, so they tend to have more midrange...

I dono, I have your old cans and a jet kit/K&N and my bike seems to pull and ride the same as both of Rich's '02's with slip-ons, along with Erik's '99 with slip-ons...

Mike

My 97 does 1st and 2nd gear.

XXti,

I must have a really special 02. It did not slow down 1 bit when I painted it black. I guess that I must of used some special light weight black paint !!

2nd gear will bring the front end up fairly easy. I guess the fact that I weigh 140#s helps.

It still suffers from being traction-challenged