CBR1100XX.org Forum

BAR ENDS

Elefant

So, I've picked up and installed the VFR bars. Thank you Mr. Dremmel!! But how do I remove the bar ends from the XX's bars... :icon_think:

I've searched... no dice...

Remove the bar ends and thread the screw back in. Near the ends of the bars are 1 or 2 holes (can't remember) stick a small screw driver in the hole to depress a lock ring that holds the weights in. Pull the screw and the weight will come out. It's easier with the bars on the bike. Also try spraying a little WD40 in any hole in the bars to lube the rubbers :icon_evilgrin:

They can be hard to pull out, so don't be afraid to pull hard.

Remove the bar ends and thread the screw back in. Near the ends of the bars are 1 or 2 holes (can't remember) stick a small screw driver in the hole to depress a lock ring that holds the weights in. Pull the screw and the weight will come out. It's easier with the bars on the bike. Also try spraying a little WD40 in any hole in the bars to lube the rubbers :icon_evilgrin:

Thanks. I tried that but I guess I didn't pull hard enough. I'll clamp'em on the vice. Didn't lube the rubber either :icon_whistle: ...

On the matter of riding possition.... What a difference....

Thanks. I tried that but I guess I didn't pull hard enough. I'll clamp'em on the vice. Didn't lube the rubber either :icon_whistle: ...

On the matter of riding possition.... What a difference....

Yep I've never looked back.

The metal rig that you see at the end of the bar has two tabs that lock the weight in, that's what you depress with the screwdriver.

I used 2 small screwdrivers. 1 to depress the ring and the other to pry the ring forward at the same time. Repeat on the opposite hole. After lubing the rubber, I threaded a bolt into the inner weight, put the bolt in a vise and hit the clipon with a dead blow mallet to get the weights out...mine were stuck