CBR1100XX.org Forum

Crash Shrooms

Aurora

Damn James, sounds like your Bird spends more time on its sides than on it wheels LOL

Going to the Gap in Sept, from the 9th to the 15th, you should go too.

Oh yeah, Anne got her a bike, a 1994 FZR 1000 EXUP, She rides like the wind LOL

I have protek frame sliders on my xx and I just installed motivations frame sliders and spool sliders on my RC. If I did it again I think i would pay the extra couple bucks and get a set of motivations for the XX. Although the Proteks arnt bad the Motivations just look more beefy. Just remeber you want some sort of soft material IE Delrin or Nylon type, aluminum or chrome might look pretty if your into bling but they suck at crashes!!

You will also have to cut holes in the fairings to make them fit. Not hard just take your time!

Damn James, sounds like your Bird spends more time on its sides than on it wheels LOL

Actually you both should be at NEXXT that weekend !! :icon_evilgrin:

I would love to but this is a trip we make twice a year with the same group. One of these days I'm going to make to one of the XX functions, most are so far away from me though :icon_sad:

You big crybaby!!! If the truck i am getting ready to take the payments on is out of the shop in time I may be able to attend this year. The last couple of years have depended on my toyota getting fixed, but it never did. Its gone now tho so I am keeping my fingers crossed!

By the way... :icon_funflip: :icon_nana:

I would love to but this is a trip we make twice a year with the same group. One of these days I'm going to make to one of the XX functions, most are so far away from me though :icon_sad:

I hear you James, You going to put some shroons on your truck too or does it stay upright more than the Bird :icon_stickpoke:

You big crybaby!!! If the truck i am getting ready to take the payments on is out of the shop in time I may be able to attend this year. The last couple of years have depended on my toyota getting fixed, but it never did. Its gone now tho so I am keeping my fingers crossed!

I hear you James, You going to put some shroons on your truck too or does it stay upright more than the Bird :icon_stickpoke:

OUCH! wheres the love?!?! :icon_rape: :icon_smilefingers:

• 2 weeks later...

Are the Crash Shrooms by Jaws any good? What modification are required for installation?

Have two bikes with Jaws shrooms. They are the large round ones that are kind of flat. One set is chromed rubber and the other is black. Son slid bike before I had them installed and fairing lock-down ended up breaking the mount welded to the frame. Had to have new one made and welded to frame. Just had to enlarge the hole in the fairing where the bolt goes thru. No matter which ones you buy, not sure that the frame mounts for fairing attachment provided by Honda are strong enough not to break no matter which shrooms you buy.