CBR1100XX.org Forum

Any1 tried this CCT

lassho

Hei...

My Cam Chain Tensioner has just started to make that rattling sound, and I am about to order a new one. Have any of you tried this one: CCT on EBAY

Why does it look so different than the one sold at Jaws?

I appretiate any input on this.

Thanks

-Lasse-

It's a manual cct, and therefore takes feel to install and adjustment periodically. I put one on my dad's bike I restored for lack of a better OE replacement, and it's just one more thing to keep your eye on.

When you figure the Automatic double dot last 15-25k and John has a great deal on them, why put in a manual that you will have to check as the chain wears.

I haven't taken a automatic apart, but it seems to have a spring that rotates a screw down to hold the tension. My old one didn't move at all when I thought I could just push the piston up.

I have APE manual tensioner.I simply got tired of replacing POS stock tensioners.

I`ve run that tensioner for last 40 k miles,adjusted once when I was checking valves.

Cam chain,just like a drive chain does not really stretch after initial brake in,so there is no need to adjust it often.

BTW I paid less then 53 bucks. http://cbrzone.com/sprockets.html

I have APE manual tensioner.I simply got tired of replacing POS stock tensioners.

I`ve run that tensioner for last 40 k miles,adjusted once when I was checking valves.

Cam chain,just like a drive chain does not really stretch after initial brake in,so there is no need to adjust it often.

BTW I paid less then 53 bucks. http://cbrzone.com/sprockets.html

+1 Stock tensioners are junk. cbrzone.com is the way to go too.