CBR1100XX.org Forum

Manny Massage

TOXXIC

Thought you'd get a better response in your own thread. :icon_biggrin:

Manny said:

"Thanks guys for the support. Yesterday I got a tire shipment from Ron Ayers. I am trying a harder compound. The Road Tech Metzler Z6 so far (95 miles tonight) seem to stick plenty good. I broke in the tires and chain and then I did some low to medium speed twistys and a couple charges to 160mph out on the highway. No apparent slipage with the exception of getting really light over rises. My last tires were the Sport tech and before that the Michelin Pilots. We are real hard on tires out here. I want to see if I can get more miles out of this set. We have tons of pot holes not to mention man hole covers that have blown off during heavy rain. Keeps you alert. During this tire change I did my first sprocket/chain change.(21,000mi) Original sprockets still look good. From Parts 411.com I got a ZR Regina(chain and both sprockets) combo kit for $180. Ron Ayers was $200 for both tires. Here they want $240 for just the rear tire. Anyway I was looking for any reports on the Z6. Let me know your experience with these tires if any. I was appauled when I pulled off the sprocket cover. I never seen so much gook. The original front sprocket has rubber, I think, on both sides. Reginas did not. So far I can't tell a difference other than how damn smooth the bike is with a fresh set of tires ,sprockets and chain. I was down for a month before this change and I am refucking amazed with this bike. Oh ya, I found out why there are so many Hayabusas here in PR. They were cheaper than our Honda!!! But still many of these guys spend a fortune on customising the 1300. Lots of chrome, custom wheels,paint and more. Also I noticed my dampners behind the rear sprocket are showing some cracks and general wear. How long do you all get out of them? "

Also I noticed my dampners behind the rear sprocket are showing some cracks and general wear. How long do you all get out of them? "

Last tire change all of my cush drive rubbers were broken apart from the pairs they were originally in.

The dealer said that I need to replace them..... :icon_rolleyes:

I put them all back in like pieces of a puzzle and haven't noticed any change in performance.

If they were cracked and not servicable at all maybe I would have replaced them.

I'm at 55K. :icon_smile:

I have a Z6 rear and a M1 front as some others here. It is my fist set and about 3,000 in to them. It is wearing well. should get about 6000 out of both. The Z-6 has been soft enough for me and the M1 has very good feedback.

I have a Z6 rear and a M1 front as some others here. It is my fist set and about 3,000 in to them. It is wearing well. should get about 6000 out of both. The Z-6 has been soft enough for me and the M1 has very good feedback.

That makes sense to me. Running M1s, I go through 2 rear before the front is ready. I was thinking along those lines but wasn't sure if mixing compounds between front and rear was kosher. I like the idea of a sticky tire up front and a rear thats hard and firm. Kinda the way I like my women. 6000 miles I can live with. My front got that and the rear was 1/2 that. So it sounds like the thing to do. You are the man :icon_clap:

Guest rockmeupto125

Manny said:

I am refucking amazed with this bike.

Well put phrase...I think most of us feel the same way quite frequently.

Last tire change all of my cush drive rubbers were broken apart from the pairs they were originally in.

The dealer said that I need to replace them..... :icon_rolleyes:

The cush rubbers have a little strap that helps with installation. There's no reason to replace them just because that strap is broken. If the cush block is degraded, that's a different story. Dealers.... :icon_rolleyes: