CBR1100XX.org Forum

ANGLE VALVE STEMS

TFT

Anybody got them?

Where do you buy them?

Are there any issues with them?

I saw some somewhere and thought I might replace mine when I get my new tires mounted.

Anybody got them?

Where do you buy them?

I saw some somewhere and thought I might replace mine when I get my new tires mounted.

Don't know for sure, but read somewhere that these are a no, no for cycles. There is a chance that the angle would poosibly allow them to be pulled out while riding.

My 2 cents....

Anybody got them?

Where do you buy them?

Don't know for sure, but read somewhere that these are a no, no for cycles. There is a chance that the angle would poosibly allow them to be pulled out while riding.

My 2 cents....

That's what I read... not so much pulled out, but bent over to the point of leaking air out at VERY high speeds...

Mike

Jeff, at SportBikeEffects has the good (but expensive) ones:

http://sportbikeeffects.com/products.asp?cat=8530

Right angle, machined aluminum. I've heard they are a bitch to install, but several comments about them over on teh FJR site have been positive -- nothing about leaking.

Gonna get some myself for the Carozzerrias on the Bird when I next replace tires. The straight ones on those Caros are ok for using my compressor at home (I made up an angled fitting), but nearly impossible to access with a gas station's straight hose (the X of the wheel design doesn't give enough room).

Anybody got them?

Where do you buy them?

Hey man....

Get them right from mother Honda. These are stock on GL1500 Goldwings. I just replaced one on my Wing. That being said, I know our birds aren't Wings, but it's a solid valve. Aluminum, not rubber. Just might be the ticket you're looking for!

Anybody got them?

Where do you buy them?

Hey man....

Get them right from mother Honda. These are stock on GL1500 Goldwings. I just replaced one on my Wing. That being said, I know our birds aren't Wings, but it's a solid valve. Aluminum, not rubber. Just might be the ticket you're looking for!

Get the little plastic holders that go between the bent-over part and the rim. This would be the key to keeping them leak-free.

I have one that came stock on the rear tire of my VTX. I never had a problem with it and it definitely makes checking the tire pressure easier. If I remember correctly though...it does have some kind of extra bracket that holds it in place.

I'll be checking with Honda for the Goldwing ones. Thanks!!! :icon_biggrin:

Sportbike effects want $28.95 for the stems and another $28 for shipping. :icon_evil:

I have a pair of the angle stems that were removed from a ZX12 rim that are made out of Brass - factory OEM from Kawasaki on the Red 12

I bought one from the local Honda dealership for $12.98. They come stock on the rear wheels of the VTX and the Gold Wing. You don't really need them for the front wheel.