CBR1100XX.org Forum

So, what's in your Brake calipers?

HamrTym

Hey ya'll,

Looking at doing new pads in the future. If your bike was used roughly 60% commuting in town, and 40% having fun on back roads (two up mostly), what pads would you pack you calipers with. I think the two up riding is taking its toll my current pads (factory stock, to my knowledge). Have no complaints with them. Just checking to see if any better choices out there for the current riding conditions. Occsionaly rain is included, as with living in FL.

I realize I need to check the thickness, but how do the front rotors hold up and last.

Any incite (sp?) will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

My personal choice is EBC HH on the front, with stock brake pads on the rear.

I have Carbon Lorraine's on the front right now, but they don't have the bite that the EBC's do.

YMMV.

EBC HH pads front 'n rear...

Ditto... But I've found that the OEMs are hard to beat.

Ditto for me also. Same rotors with 70k miles.

+1 on the OEM's. I still have the OEM's in the front and the EBC's in the rear. It feels to me that the EBC's don't have the same coefficient of friction that the stockers do. They ( to me at least ) seem to not "bite" as hard as the OEM's, and they DO NOT work as well as the stockers when wet from my experience.

I have Carbon Lorraine's on the front right now, but they don't have the bite that the EBC's do.

YMMV.

+1 and the Lorraines I had on the rear went real fast :icon_eek: got EBC HH's back now and will be swapping the fronts in maybe 6 months.

EBC HH pads front 'n rear...

Me too.

+3

Add another one.

Plus I used synthetic brake fluid.

Empty the reservoirs with a turkey baster and bleed well until it comes out clear.

Just a few bubbles in a system like ours will make the whole setup feel spongy.

+1 and the Lorraines I had on the rear went real fast :icon_eek:

The CL pads are wearing REALLY fast. They seem to have really good bite when they're brand new, but no staying power. I think maybe they'd be more appropriate for track use.