CBR1100XX.org Forum

Took the plunge.

Pete in PA

After searching here and STN and e-mailing Marc at Factory Pro I've got the fixed 4 degree advancer to be delivered this Friday.

Marc says I can still run 87 gas with only a slight chance of pinging when over 100 deg F and I just sat in traffic with the fan on.

With the power increase and possible MPG increase (makes sense to me) I'm trying it.

http://www.factorypro.com/

I'll let you know the results.

Love mine, makes the throttle much more crisper and more responsive but I get pinging on any gas under 89 octane, regardless of temp. or alt..

With actual dyno testing, you don't gain any real power. You do get more low/mid throttle response which (depending on the riders throttle control) can be a good or bad thing. With the XX on the dyno, the tuner dialed in +2 and +4 ign. across the board (like the advancer would do). We found no gains, but a slight loss (-2) just before redline. Then tried -2 across the board, no losses or gains. I was running 93 pump gas.

When tuning the 929, we found a slight increase in power by going -2 the last 1500 rpm. This can also make the bike run cooler in some situations.

Well it should be here in the next 3 hours. I've got the XX standing by with the right lower off and the bolts cracked loose.

Should take 1/2 hour tops and I'll be out riding, trying it out. :icon_dance: Father's Day gift to myself. :icon_dance:

Well it should be here in the next 3 hours. I've got the XX standing by with the right lower off and the bolts cracked loose.

Should take 1/2 hour tops and I'll be out riding, trying it out. :icon_dance: Father's Day gift to myself. :icon_dance:

I think I need a FD gift also. Is that the $54.95 unit that they have on their site? Looking forward to your feedback.

Mike

:icon_dance: Well I'm back! WOW! I love it! :icon_dance:

The install went easy, only problem is it comes with the wrong gasket ($12 from Honda). It's close but not quite. I used it by cutting it and using about 1 inch of RTV to join 2 sections. I have the correct one on order.

I took it out listening for pinging and there's slightly more in higher gears at full throttle between 3 and 4k rpm. I was almost out of gas so I filled up with the 89 mid-grade and after 5 miles to empty the float bowls no more pinging.

I think 60 cents a tank is worth the performance increase. (I've always used 87 till now)

What it does for part throttle is amazing! You know that feeling you have when you're cruizing down the highway at 70 with a 20 mph tailwind? It's like that all the time. The amount of throttle required to maintain speed is so small it's barely off closed throttle. It's got to improve MPG because of this. (I'll let you know)

Throttle response and power is better everywhere, but the biggest improvement is in part throttle.

Well worth the $72!

This applies to 97 and 98 only. I can't comment on 99 and newer. Since they're FI, and have a knock sensor.

I took it out listening for pinging and there's slightly more in higher gears at full throttle between 3 and 4k rpm.

So you were getting some pinging before the advancer on 87 paint brush cleaner?

Yes I was getting exactly as per the owners manual.

"Occasionally you may experience light spark knock while operating under heavy loads. This is no cause for concern, it simply means your engine is operating efficiently"

Went for a good ride yesterday and got 44MPG on the tank! If you figure in the 6% low odometer reading for the 18 tooth front sprocket I got 47 MPG.

I filled up at 217 miles with enough showing on the gauge for at least 30 more miles.

Now granted it was a more "touring" pace with the guys I was riding with but that's still great. It did include 2 blasts up to 150mph so not all slow work.

I think at my normal pace it should work out to about a 4 MPG increase.

Not bad for a performance increase product.

Guest rockmeupto125

means your engine is operating efficiently

Yea, I know. You buy this???

Sure. If it didn't ping once in a while under hard load, there's theoretically some spark advance left. So if it pings under those circumstances, you're using all the advance you can, and operating at maximal efficiency..at least relative to spark timing.

So Joe, you had asked about the adjustable advancer awhile ago, have you done it yet?

I'm amazed at the power with the fixed 4 degrees and 89 gas, wonder about more advance with 93 gas. Although I don't want to have to run 93 all the time.

So Joe, you had asked about the adjustable advancer awhile ago, have you done it yet?

I'm amazed at the power with the fixed 4 degrees and 89 gas, wonder about more advance with 93 gas. Although I don't want to have to run 93 all the time.

Wow, even with the difference in gas price, it'll pay for itself ($70) in 3450 miles if you gain 4mpg!

Mike

Wow, even with the difference in gas price, it'll pay for itself ($70) in 3450 miles if you gain 4mpg!

Mike

Is it 4 mpg over the increase that you get with the 18 tooth sprocket or is it 4 mpg with the sprocket and advancer?

Mike

Is it 4 mpg over the increase that you get with the 18 tooth sprocket or is it 4 mpg with the sprocket and advancer?

That's 4mpg OVER the 18T, which I thought was what he said/meant??

Mike

Mike

Mike

Ummm.....Yes? :icon_eh: Yes the 4mpg is in addition to about 2 mpg with the sprocket change. I'll try to slow down now on changes.

Mike

Mike

Ummm.....Yes? :icon_eh: Yes the 4mpg is in addition to about 2 mpg with the sprocket change. I'll try to slow down now on changes.

FWIW, I just ordered the kit from www.maw.com; their part #21045; Honda part RTR-HON-8-04 and they have it on closeout for $44.95 + shipping. I have not received the order confirmation yet via e-mail, so I am not certain on the shipping charge but my guess is that it would be about the same or less than the Factory Pro sight of $12.00.

I hate ordering from that MAW sight, but for the price I'll deal with it.

Mike

Mike

Mike

FWIW, I just ordered the kit from www.maw.com; their part #21045; Honda part RTR-HON-8-04 and they have it on closeout for $44.95 + shipping. I have not received the order confirmation yet via e-mail, so I am not certain on the shipping charge but my guess is that it would be about the same or less than the Factory Pro sight of $12.00.

Mike

They will probably also charge you about $10 for handling. MAW sucks.

The install went easy, only problem is it comes with the wrong gasket ($12 from Honda). It's close but not quite. I used it by cutting it and using about 1 inch of RTV to join 2 sections. I have the correct one on order.

I took it out listening for pinging and there's slightly more in higher gears at full throttle between 3 and 4k rpm. I was almost out of gas so I filled up with the 89 mid-grade and after 5 miles to empty the float bowls no more pinging.

I think 60 cents a tank is worth the performance increase. (I've always used 87 till now)

What it does for part throttle is amazing! You know that feeling you have when you're cruizing down the highway at 70 with a 20 mph tailwind? It's like that all the time. The amount of throttle required to maintain speed is so small it's barely off closed throttle. It's got to improve MPG because of this. (I'll let you know)

Throttle response and power is better everywhere, but the biggest improvement is in part throttle.

Well worth the $72!

This applies to 97 and 98 only. I can't comment on 99 and newer. Since they're FI, and have a knock sensor.

Great :icon_confused: , thanks Pete... There goes another 70 bones for me :icon_rolleyes::icon_wink:

Obby,

Didnt you sell your carbed bird?

Anyone try this with an FI XX?

BTW, nice use of

QUOTES

:icon_biggrin:

Yep, carb'd baby's gone. I think Pete said his WAS an FI bike. Yes?

Well worth the $72!

Forget it, my bad!

I can't read for shit.

Mike

Mike

Mike

I received the order from www.mawonline.com today. The total price with shipping and handling was $56.00 and I must have got lucky; I received the order only 3 business days after placing the online order.