CBR1100XX.org Forum

How come my dealer

SBBXX

Mine couldn't either. I went to an automotive paint supplier and they color matched my bike with this handheld thingy. 1 oz bottle = $45 :icon_eek: But worth it if you can't stand the nicks and scrapes :icon_biggrin:

• 2 months later...

Hey SBXX...

Who did you order your touch-up paint from? I was wondering who the Canadian distributor was, or if you ordered from your dealership.

Thanks

They'e in PQ. I found what I needed on the website above and then phoned in the order. the CDN number is here.

They were fast. order the clearcoat too.

marty

Honda's touch up paint is Colorite. I work at the local dealership and Honda's touch up paint is ordered from Colorite. Oh and as far as paint goes. Black is Black. Lincoln Navigator black will match 97' XX black and i imagine it would match any other black that doesnt have any sort of wierdo metallic

I honestly dont know about 03' XX black the only Blackbrid I have ever seen is mine, and one popping a wheelie from a stop light in Wichita Kansas about a year ago. It was a black XX with clear front signals is all I remember

How come my dealer, cannot find touch-up paint for me?

Because the parts person you talked too has no clue.....

Which I found true with few dealers I dealt with in Ontario. :icon_duh: :icon_rolleyes:

Here in the US, dealers have a separate "Quick Reference" book, where HONDA lists all the consumable OEM parts, as spark plugs, filters, o-rings and seals, batteries, chains.....and the touch up paint.

The parts person can look them up either by the color code ( NH 359M for the '97 - '99 and NH 463B for the '03) or by the model and the year....

Here is the example (but they don't have the XX paint - I'm sure they could get it though...)

http://www.wingworx.com/index.asp?PageActi...amp;ProdID=1045

Few years back, HONDA would sell them in the packs of three for around $12.00. I think we were selling them individually for around $4.

Hope you found your paint. If not, let me know and I'll try to bring you some to the NEXXT....

Cheers,