CBR1100XX.org Forum

DUCATTI BAGS ON THE BIRD

stewmg

[attachmentid=1215][attachmentid=1216][attachmentid=1217][attachmentid=1219][attachmentid=1220]Hi Guys, here are the photo's of the latest mod.

It took a little cutting here and there but I think they look good, what do you think?

I had to extend the brackets from the top of the rack by 4", I used flat stock drilled it for 6ml bolts top and bottom, drilled the frame and bolted the rack on.

For the bottom bracket of the rack all I had to do is cut bushings 2" long and bolted them on where the exhaust would normally be bolted on.

The ST bags have a two bolt bracket at the bottom which allows you to bolt the exhaust on the bottom of the bracket. I had to have the local exhaust shop cut a small V out of the bottom of the exhaust, bend it down so the exhaust clears the bottom of the bags and weld with stainless wire.

When the exhaust was lowered the centre stand touched it a bit so I heated the centre stand arm and bent it just a bit for clearance.

Now all I have to do is get rid of the ducatti stickers and paint the covers.

Mark

post-2025-1152283700_thumb.jpg

post-2025-1152283717_thumb.jpg

post-2025-1152283732_thumb.jpg

post-2025-1152283751_thumb.jpg

post-2025-1152283769_thumb.jpg

post-2025-1152283796_thumb.jpg

Damn that looks good!!! :icon_clap: They really look like they were meant for the Bird. You took a lot of installation pictures... Right? Keep the Ducati sticker on... Mess with the minds of others!!!

Cool! I remember seeing this same mod on an overseas unit that was blue.

The pix were in the XX site from the Netherlands I think, and the guy that did the work was in

southeast Asia as I recall.

How do the Laser cans sound? Do they indeed have the bolt on mounts (eliminating the ugly band clamps) with the provision for the center stand (lavender in color) cushion?

OUTSTANDING! :icon_lol::icon_dance::icon_lol:

You are right, that's where I got the original idea and it worked out very well.

The Lazer's sound great and they do bolt up...don't have a lavender pillow though :icon_sad:

It really wasn't that tough, if I can do it.... and personally I think they look better than Corbin and I'm sure they have better capacity.

Thanks for looking....Mark