CBR1100XX.org Forum

Cons for 6mm Shim???

kjclark7

I just did the shim - only did 2 x 2.5mm washers for a total of 5mm. What a difference!!!

The bike is far quicker and lighter in bends, and corners where I usually touch my toe down are clear again... gonna have to push harder now.

One side-effect I noticed is that I can get the bike on the mainstand while sitting on it a-la N1K :icon_twisted:

That was coming home from HookersXX! Ask Toxxic he knows how windy it was on that trip!

Sure did see that wind. Must have blown the cop plane over us! :icon_eek:

I added a 5mm shim this weekend.

Pros: Handling is greatly improved. Like someone shaved 50lbs off the bike. Makes the 'bird even easier to ride.

Cons: 2up... it puts a bit more of the passenger's weight onto the rider. If I take a long trip 2up, I'd consider removing the shim.

I added a 5mm shim this weekend.

Pros: Handling is greatly improved. Like someone shaved 50lbs off the bike. Makes the 'bird even easier to ride.

Cons: 2up... it puts a bit more of the passenger's weight onto the rider. If I take a long trip 2up, I'd consider removing the shim.

do you mean it feels like the passenger is right on your back and leaning on you?

Even with fully loaded panniers and a pillion you are still able to corner much better than 1-up on the old setup.

the only Con I've come accross so far is that in wet weather riding the arse feels a bit light, but then again I only come in at 160 pounds, I know I'm a midget - don't have to remind me.... lol

Initially I also dropped the front but removed that after I couldn't stop the rear wheel sliding in the wet.