CBR1100XX.org Forum

Race take off tires?

Scooter9495

I have a set here of 208's in good condition. I got them off Ebay, but I haven't tried them yet. If you want them make me an offer. I've heard of people using them on the street without much trouble other than they wear out fast, which is why I've never used them. It's an opinion that can be bounced back and forth for days. I'd give them a shot, but I'm getting lazy and changing tires evey 5k is enough work never mind every 1500.

YMMV and I'm not responsible if you try them out and become very familiar ith the asphalt :icon_wink:

Race take off are worn out tires they have no stick left thats why the racer dont use them any more but if you have bald tures and cant afford new ones they are about three clicks better then bald. I would not risk my life or my xx on them

Race take off are worn out tires they have no stick left thats why the racer dont use them any more but if you have bald tures and cant afford new ones they are about three clicks better then bald. I would not risk my life or my xx on them

Now this i have never heard, the race take off's are only worn on the outer edges where a race bike is hardest on the tire which is why so many street guys love them because the center is basically new and thats where the street bikes wear. i was just asking anyone elses opinions on them because i have been running a set of 209 take off's and they are great once warmed up.on a 80 plus degree day with the asphault hot and tires warm i cannot get the rear tire to give at all.

It is not like you are gonna killed right away,etc.Race take off will be O.K. in warm weather,just be carefull when it is cold or dump.

They may have lots of meat in the middle,but being race tire plus XX weighting some 150 pounds more then 600 or 1000 race bike don`t expect many miles.

IMHO they are not worth all the labor to put them on. I would not use them even if I had endless supply of free race take offs.Life span is just too short.

It is not like you are gonna killed right away,etc.Race take off will be O.K. in warm weather,just be carefull when it is cold or dump.

They may have lots of meat in the middle,but being race tire plus XX weighting some 150 pounds more then 600 or 1000 race bike don`t expect many miles.

IMHO they are not worth all the labor to put them on. I would not use them even if I had endless supply of free race take offs.Life span is just too short.

i gotcha tomek, the traction is awesome when warm but ive only got about 200 miles on this set now and thats one thing i wanted to know was how long they last.if i can get 2000 miles out of a set then im happy just for the added traction.i can deffinitely say these make the bike alot more stable and alow you to push more in the turns.i do have an endless supply of these for dirt cheap thats why i wanted to give them a try.

I use them occasionally during the summer months. No problems with them at all. I do stick with the street versions of tires versus strictly race tires. I change my own so that isnt a problem.

What kind of endless cheap hookup do you have?

PM me.

I use them but there my takeoffs, so I know how many heat cycles and how they were ridden.

I would only get them if you know the guy and how many sessions its had on it.

I picked up a FREE Power Race front this weekend with only 8 laps on it from the AMA Infineon race. It should be good for a couple 2-3 trackdays.