CBR1100XX.org Forum

Tsubaki chain

TOXXIC

I'm going to replace my chain before TBME, and wondered if anyone had run a Tsubaki chain? My local Cycle Gear has one in-stock. My first choice was a DID or RK, but I can get the Tsubaki for a great price. I haven't found too much on the net, but it looks like they are a big company. :icon_frown:

I'm going to replace my chain before TBME, and wondered if anyone had run a Tsubaki chain? My local Cycle Gear has one in-stock. My first choice was a DID or RK, but I can get the Tsubaki for a great price. I haven't found too much on the net, but it looks like they are a big company. :icon_frown:

Very popular overseas. We sell their industrial chain for combines and shit where I work. Just be sure to get the one with the proper load rating.

I had almost 20,000 miles on a Tsubaki chain, it kicks serious ass. Have had to adjust it just once it's entire life. No dissapointments here.... I'll be replacing it with another Tsubaki right before the Utah 1088 in late June just for piece of mind...

I had almost 20,000 miles on a Tsubaki chain, it kicks serious ass. Have had to adjust it just once it's entire life. No dissapointments here.... I'll be replacing it with another Tsubaki right before the Utah 1088 in late June just for piece of mind...

I've got one on XX at this moment. Probably got about 10000 miles on it right now. Seems to be wearing well and no complaints so far.

What a piece of cake to install! The chain came with the old school motocross snap-on master link. No rivets to dick with.

You say that now.. Wait till you loose that master link :icon_whistle: and it will look like this

What a piece of shit! The chain came with the old school motocross snap-on master link which fell off while riding

Just messing with you... :icon_lol: They aren't as good per say as an endless chain, but if you put the master link clip on the correct way it should never go anywere.. I have heard of a few people putting just a dab of silicone on the backside to make sure vibrations don't work it loose..

So where have you guys bought these chains? I will need a new one here shortly... cleaning up my chain last night while my rear wheel it off to get new rubber I found a link that has a slight bind in it. :icon_sad: She does have 16.5k miles on her though.. so I guess she can't last forever...

OMG get a rivet link!

I went the cheap easy way once. Lost 3 clips in the life of that chain. They were breaking off, not falling off. Luckily the side plate never came off.

I think at high speed centrifugal force was snapping them at the front sprocket. Found a piece of one stuck in the chain goo.

+ whatever Get a rivet link. Ask RedJ what happens when the chain lets go :icon_eek: There was an article a while back in Rider I believe that had the strength of an endless chain, a rivet link, and a clip link. IIRC there was a 5% loss in strength from the endless to rivet and something like 35% loss between endless and clip. When I get home tonight I'll look it up.