CBR1100XX.org Forum

oil leak

darkwing

I noticed a puddle of oil under my bike last week and started to look for the leak, at first it looked like the gasket between the top half and lower half of the motor. After further inspection I noticed it was coming out of the weep hole under the exhaust manifold just a 1/4" above the gasket. If sitting on the bike it is the one farthest to the right. I looked at the service manual and contacted my dealer and neither showed an oil line in that area of the motor. Also neither new what the weep holes are their for, there is one under each exhaust port. the oil is not pressurized (meaning it is not squirting out), but after a few minutes of idle a steady stream runs out. If anyone has had this problem please let me know the remedy.

Thanx, jamie

Search is your friend.

Check out this thread. Oil leak screwed

I think the holes are to allow water out from around the spark plugs, and the oil was coming from the valve cover. There never was a final answer, but I suspect that was the answer.

I noticed a puddle of oil under my bike last week and started to look for the leak, at first it looked like the gasket between the top half and lower half of the motor. After further inspection I noticed it was coming out of the weep hole under the exhaust manifold just a 1/4" above the gasket. If sitting on the bike it is the one farthest to the right. I looked at the service manual and contacted my dealer and neither showed an oil line in that area of the motor. Also neither new what the weep holes are their for, there is one under each exhaust port. the oil is not pressurized (meaning it is not squirting out), but after a few minutes of idle a steady stream runs out. If anyone has had this problem please let me know the remedy.

Thanx, jamie

this happened to me last fall on a trip to phoenix i parked next to a hardly in flagstaff and when i got outside prescott and stopped for gas i had a puddle but still had plenty of oil when i checked it. in phoenix i took it to a honda dealer in scottsdale and they ended up replacing the valve gasket. moral:: don't park next to hardlies. :icon_nono:

• 2 weeks later...