CBR1100XX.org Forum

Who has a Micron full system?

flyv65

...'cuz I'm trying to put one on my bike, and I can't get the frikkin' mid pipe mounting bracket to quite get ot the mounting pont under the right foot peg. Did anybody else have this issue?

Bryan...missed it by that much... :icon_banghead:

...'cuz I'm trying to put one on my bike, and I can't get the frikkin' mid pipe mounting bracket to quite get ot the mounting pont under the right foot peg. Did anybody else have this issue?

yes and yes, iit's a cunt of a job :icon_evil: , it's like one of the collector pipes is too long

Yeah, it seems like header/downpipe ! is the one I can't quite get all the way in, so I keep loosening the header bolts and I've gotten the mounting bolt through the collar-but it's fuckin' tight, my friends. I'm going to keep whacking away at it after work today. One more thing: the instructions said that the canister goes over the collector, but the one they sent slides (with room) inside the collector. Did anybody have to flare the piss out of the canister opening to get on the collector?

Bryan...if it isn't one thing, it's another...

Yeah, every other system I've seen went "on", not "in". When I got home last night I measured the parts: the slipon is 2.25 inches, and the collector is 2.5 inches...one of them is not right for the bike, so I'm calling first thing tomorrow morning and getting *that* straightened out. One more thing bturd: the instructions say that the collector mounts on the inside of the old mounting point, but it sure doen't look like it'll fit...is that where yours mounted up?

Bryan...I'm not used to having issues with shit like this and it pisses me off... :icon_wall:

I suspect Bush and the Neocons conspired to give you trouble. :icon_lol: Does he have an alibi for the day your system was made? :icon_stickpoke:

Yeah, it seems like header/downpipe ! is the one I can't quite get all the way in, so I keep loosening the header bolts and I've gotten the mounting bolt through the collar-but it's fuckin' tight, my friends. I'm going to keep whacking away at it after work today. One more thing: the instructions said that the canister goes over the collector, but the one they sent slides (with room) inside the collector. Did anybody have to flare the piss out of the canister opening to get on the collector?

That's some funny shit. My bud brought his pipes up to put them on and he has Microns. The collector/can issue was the same. The collector seems HUGE and the end of the can goes right inside it with plenty of room to spare. After looking the whole thing over, we were under the assumption that Micron sent him the wrong mid pipes, but they looked just like those in the picture. Were we supposed to flare the hell out of the can to fit it on the mid, or should it fit over the mid with no modification?? If we WERE supposed to flare it severly (which doesn't seem right to me) he is gonna be PISSED.

That's some funny shit. My bud brought his pipes up to put them on and he has Microns. The collector/can issue was the same. The collector seems HUGE and the end of the can goes right inside it with plenty of room to spare. After looking the whole thing over, we were under the assumption that Micron sent him the wrong mid pipes, but they looked just like those in the picture. Were we supposed to flare the hell out of the can to fit it on the mid, or should it fit over the mid with no modification?? If we WERE supposed to flare it severly (which doesn't seem right to me) he is gonna be PISSED.

Well I just called Micron this morning and said that I thought I got the wrong canister for the 'bird: after all, you shouldn't be able to slip the canister "inside" the collector, right? The fellow I spoke with agreed with me, and after I gave him a credit card number (they'll credit it back when they get the other one in), said I'd be receiving a can from FedEx on Wednesday. I'll probably dick with the collector some tonight to get the mounting tab on the inside, and keep my fingers crossed that the canister they send me isn't the same.

Bryan...thanks for the help, guys...

I suspect Bush and the Neocons conspired to give you trouble. :icon_lol: Does he have an alibi for the day your system was made? :icon_stickpoke:

So *that's* what the Iraqis did with the missile tubes: made exhaust headers out of them! Those cheeky monkeys! I just want this thing mounted properly so I can get back to the important things in life: a quick ride now and again, and... :icon_drunks: .

Bryan...cancelled the custom dyno map time I had reserved for tomorrow...

New canister came in at lunch, and it's an honest 2.5" ID...success is just around the corner. i'll try it out tonight and see if everything clears the swingarm, then button it up. Right now I'm scheduled for a custom map on the 16th, so I'll let youse guys know how it goes.

Bryan...thanks for the help, guys...