CBR1100XX.org Forum

You guys here about these

Obby

actually now that I look at the pic better I see that the "training wheel looking attachment " goes really good with the f'n huge windshield............................... :icon_pray:

thinking that the rider needs to have more upright riding position so that they can gain the full benefits of the f'n huge screen..................

LSL kit?

Doesn't really fit the style of the bike but if you're not doing any hardcore racing I can imagine it would suit a comfy day of touring.

Yeah LSL. I just never saw anything like that before offered for the birds. I would think it would help you're back on a long ride though. As for the looks, dunno, maybe kinda lame.

I had a set of the LSL bars. They were very comfortable, but lacked the stability you get with clip-on style bars. I had to extend the clutch line, and re-route the brake lines to get them on. If the bike weighed less they might give that "supermoto" feel. I got the sensation that the bars and mounts weren't sturdy enough to handle the weight and power of the Bird, more so when riding on the agressive side. I sold them to a member last year.

Brian

I had a set of the LSL bars. They were very comfortable, but lacked the stability you get with clip-on style bars. I had to extend the clutch line, and re-route the brake lines to get them on. If the bike weighed less they might give that "supermoto" feel. I got the sensation that the bars and mounts weren't sturdy enough to handle the weight and power of the Bird, more so when riding on the agressive side. I sold them to a member last year.

Actually, he sold them to me, and I just installed them when I did my Spiegler brake lines. I really like the feel, and since my arms are a bit short, it really improves the reach to the controls.

I don't have any of the sensation of not being sturdy enough, so I suspect it's just the change in riding position that made Brian not like them. It definitely results in a more upright position, which is what I was looking for.