CBR1100XX.org Forum

Black bird with gasoline octane 91

panote

87 is fine too :icon_wink:

91 is the highest we can get where I am. I run 91 to keep the combustion chanbers clean, but she runs fine on 87 as well.

No worries ... the XX has a very good knock sensor ... run 87 and you will be fine .. if it does knock, go up to 89 or 91. I think the recomended fuel for the XX is 91 RON which is research octane measure, that equals @ 87 pump octane.

My country will stop distribute octane 95 in the end of the year.Can black bird use the gasoline octane 91 ?

I'm not sure which year your bird is, but from my experience 87 octane gas on a '97 bird caused a pinging with load. 91 octane, no problems.

My country will stop distribute octane 95 in the end of the year.Can black bird use the gasoline octane 91 ?

I'm not sure which year your bird is, but from my experience 87 octane gas on a '97 bird caused a pinging with load. 91 octane, no problems.

hm must be kalifornia gas cuz 87 is all i ever run...and even the cheap stuff doesnt ping at all..ever...mine is 97 by the way...oh and mine works in the rain.. :icon_twisted:

What country?

The 97 (because that's what I have) lists 91 RON, which usually corresponds to 87 (R+M/2).

You should be fine with 91 RON.

J.

Is octane rated the same in all countries?

Nope! Same gas may have different "octane" depending on where you are and the method used to determine "octanage".

I live in Thailand and my bird year 98.

Another question, the bird year 97-98 have a " knock sensor " or not ?

Thank you!!

If I'm not mistaken they all do.

I never unbolted a knock sensor off my 97 when I disassembled the motor. At least, not to the best of my knowledge.

To put it simply. Higher octane fuel has a higher point of ignition. It doesn't burn as easily as lower octane fuel. If you use it and don't need it you will just carbon up your engine.