CBR1100XX.org Forum

Windshield question for Magna Owners.

redxxrdr

Wife just got home from work. She is riding my 1987 vf700 Magna.

She hit a large hawk tonight and broke the right side off my windscreen. Bird shit everywhere.

I don't remember what model I put on, but it was roughly 18" high, and attached to the handle bars with clamps.

With all the Magna owners we have, I figured someone may remember what type they liked and where they got it.

Thanks,

Craig

Wife just got home from work. She is riding my 1987 vf700 Magna.

She hit a large hawk tonight and broke the right side off my windscreen. Bird shit everywhere.

I don't remember what model I put on, but it was roughly 18" high, and attached to the handle bars with clamps.

With all the Magna owners we have, I figured someone may remember what type they liked and where they got it.

Thanks,

Craig

I and many others ran a Memphis Shades Pop Top - great for touring if you angle it roughly in line with the forks, it's small enough to easily see over (smallest of the MS "Sport Shields"), and best of all it comes off in about 30 seconds... I actually tried it and the next 2 bigger MS Sport Shields at the same time - it worked as well as the bigger ones and was the most discreet (looked best with the bike!)

I'd measure it, but I just sold the shield and bike and bought an XX 2 weeks ago!

I'd say the Memphis Shades Pop Top is a good choice for your Magna. I dont know if you have found it yet but www.supermagna.com is an priceless resource for your 87 Magna. These guys know everything about anything having to do with 87/88 Magna's. I'd like to see some pictures of you Magna if you have any. I just love the 87/88 Magnas I'd love it Honda would release a 07' Magna that is exactly like the 87/88's well maybe they could polish the wheels from the factory, and switch to a dragbar handle bars.

I used the National Cycle flyscreen-mounted at two points on the handle bars, and stable to an indicated 146 mph. It didn't block all the wind, just took the brunt of it off of your chest so you didn't feel like you had been lifting for the last 250 miles. I'd had one ofthe big barn door fairing Plexistar II or II windscreens that was great in the winter, but hot as heel in the summer, and it limited my top speed by about 25 to 30 mph. Then again, I had a V65, and you've got the SuperMagna...they may be different.

Bryan...I think they made a 4 point mount only a little bigger than the flyscreen, too...