CBR1100XX.org Forum

Life of the Blackbird

nabrxx

Just wondering.Which bike has the longest life?,the carbed model...or the FI model.I know that revs and whatnot have a lot to do with it...but how have the numbers stacked up with you folks?.I had 76000 miles on my 98 bird when I totalled her.

Just wondering.Which bike has the longest life?,the carbed model...or the FI model.I know that revs and whatnot have a lot to do with it...but how have the numbers stacked up with you folks?.I had 76000 miles on my 98 bird when I totalled her.

The guy that used his for delieverys in Europe... think he had 452,000 but I could be wrong...

This guy......

IPB Image

Had this many miles......

IPB Image

Oh yeah....that was um....2 years ago. I know he has poured on quite a few more since then :icon_clap: :icon_lol:

Not sure about high mileage owners, but I can almost guarantee the lowest odometer reading. My '03 with 8K was totaled last July and I found a new replacement while in the emergency room. Brought it home in December and have been drilling, cutting, grinding, soldering, etc. over the winter. Just back to work after 8 months off [surgeries, therapy, etc.] and I can't wait to get back on the proverbial horse. Hoping for 10-12K this year.

IPB Image[attachmentid=455]

post-2230-1144027611_thumb.jpg