CBR1100XX.org Forum

@@$@! Chain and sprockets shouldn't be hard to find, right?

Master Of Pain

White Buffalo's site is pure 90's html ass. I can't find shit on there relating to sprockets for the XX. That being said, I'm looking for a set of light, hard quality sprockets and a light gold chain for the XX. Either my search skills are dulling, or there really isn't a selection out there. I called SprocketSpecalists and they've discontinued the Stealth series, and have no options at present for us (according to the clerk) so screw them.

I'm getting flustrated. Sorry for the rant. :icon_wall:

I would like to know who has a 520 chain conversion front and rear for this bike as well. Please don't preach about the evils and sin of 520, if you know who still has the goods then please divulge all. I want the set for weekend fun. The quality 530 set will stay on 90% of the time. So, who sells them?

Do a search for Stealth sprockets.

They've got a complete kit - with gold sprockets - tri-metal sprockets for the bird, well here in South Africa.

Cost is +- USD 252.00

But keep in mind we get fucked with pricing here in the South of the world.

There was a couple of posts about what to watch out when replacing the front sprocket. If I remember correctly the OEM sprocket was slightly thicker with a dampning O-ring or something. A couple of guys mentioned that they picked up vibrations and more noise with some aftermarket front sprockets.

I would like to know who has a 520 chain conversion front and rear for this bike as well. Please don't preach about the evils and sin of 520, if you know who still has the goods then please divulge all. I want the set for weekend fun. The quality 530 set will stay on 90% of the time. So, who sells them?

So let me get this straight every time you want to go to the lighter 520 chain you're going to grind off the connecting link swap everything out. then when you go back to the 530 press on a new link :icon_scratchhead:

Not preaching I just don't understand why :icon_eh:

So let me get this straight every time you want to go to the lighter 520 chain you're going to grind off the connecting link swap everything out. then when you go back to the 530 press on a new link :icon_scratchhead:

Not preaching I just don't understand why :icon_eh:

Because I like pie better than cake. :icon_duh:

When the conversation goes to 520, it seems that there is no help, just parenting.

1984 Honda V65 VF1100 Sabre - wanna drag race? You might lose to a Reagan-era V4 :lol:

I like that :icon_lol:

Anyhow back to the 520 chain conversion. How much power are you expecting to gain from this? Rear sprocket shouldn't be a problem and obviously the chain either, but the front sprocket I would think to be a tough find. What uses a 520 and has the same spline, an older cbr600 maybe? I have no interest in doing such a thing, but mods intrigue me :icon_think:

You can also get the 530 racing chain which is lighter and has no o - rings. Then you don't have to worry about sprockets.

Guest rockmeupto125

I believe the CBR600 stuff fits the splined shaft, as well as the cush drive. All that's left to buy is the right length of chain.

I've never seen a 520 kit for an XX. Most folks assemble kits when they see a demand, which I can't much imagine.

The 530 ERV is a lighter weight chain with less rotating friction that you might want to look into instead. I got about 14,000 miles out of mine, and it comes in gold.

I believe the CBR600 stuff fits the splined shaft, as well as the cush drive. All that's left to buy is the right length of chain.

I've never seen a 520 kit for an XX. Most folks assemble kits when they see a demand, which I can't much imagine.

The 530 ERV is a lighter weight chain with less rotating friction that you might want to look into instead. I got about 14,000 miles out of mine, and it comes in gold.

Thanks for all the comments. I went with WBR's wares. I purchased the 530 ERV, an AFAM front and rear steel sprocket. Now all I need is the HP to justify the 530 chain in the first place. HONDA. :icon_naughty:

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for everyone's suggestions in this thread. The 530 ERV is extremely light - compared to the stock chain, I dare say about 40% less weight. My friend's 520 heavy-duty chain @110 links felt very close to this 530@110 links. The AFAM steel rear sprocket was also surprisingly light compared to the stocker. The front was lighter, however I believe that was due to the lack of the cush drive attachment. At this juncture, my opinion is that the weight difference between a 520 conversion and this particular selection of driveline components is negligible. Besides, the tensile strength ratings are higher. Yay, less unsprung weight and moving mass! :icon_clap:

Thanks for all the comments. I went with WBR's wares. I purchased the 530 ERV, an AFAM front and rear steel sprocket. Now all I need is the HP to justify the 530 chain in the first place. HONDA. :icon_naughty:

Which rear sprocket did you go with from WBR?

Which rear sprocket did you go with from WBR?

AFAM steel rear. If you can't find it on his site (it's pretty messy out there) give him a call and he'll get it ordered for you.

I'm not a bling guy, but I really dig the look of a gold chain on black. Don't take that the wrong way! :icon_sick:

where did you get your chain sprocks from? link?