CBR1100XX.org Forum

Lowering xx front end with a strap

Danzatvnutz

Thanks, would greatly appreciate it. Also where at the top would you mount the strap so it doesn't effect the steering to much. Thanks again

Over the frame behind the triple, and under the brake line. Little bit of playing, but it can be done.

Only thing you need to worry about is the buckle swinging around when you slacken the strap, hitting the radiator. If you aren't planning on using it that day, just remove it altogether, IMO.

Only thing you need to worry about is the buckle swinging around when you slacken the strap, hitting the radiator. If you aren't planning on using it that day, just remove it altogether, IMO.

I never take mine off but maybe it fits alittle different than yours. I don't want to keep taking the bolts in and out of the brakes.

EDIT: Well, I just went out and looked at mine. It does not hit the rad with the bars straight like you would ride but if you go full lock (like locking the forks) it does hit. Yea, my rad is banged in some. Thanks for the heads up North. It has been on for two or three years.