CBR1100XX.org Forum

HID Install Question....may be a dumb one

RXX

Started to install HID tonight, but I suffered from not explicit enough documentation. The docs did not indicate any polarity differences for the wires. Does it matter? 20,000V is a lot to guess about.

For what it is worth, I am installing on LOW beam, and am going to route power for ballast etc through a switch on the console for switching the whole apparatus down during daylight hours (I am running a daytime modulated high beam)....Any comments or suggestions? My son has suggested that I shove the whole thing up my ass, but I am kind of looking for constructive criticism!

I've got my HID hooked up to a euro switch assembly. I took the extra step of rerouting some wires... so now I've got three settings for my lights.... everything on (regualar), parking lights only (for starting the bike), and everything OFF (evade!).

Very trick, as the switch is stock.

I've got my HID hooked up to a euro switch assembly. I took the extra step of rerouting some wires... so now I've got three settings for my lights.... everything on (regualar), parking lights only (for starting the bike), and everything OFF (evade!).

I've got the euro switch as well but, my running lights are on when the switch is in the off position. What did you reroute to get the total stealth mode? I definitely wnat to go this way. :icon_biggrin:

Thanks, guys.....right you are, run 'em wrong and ballast won't pop off, but does blow the headlight fuse. Problem solved! That euro switch sounds like the way to go, perhaps I should see where I can get one. Does it fit in the stock handlebar assembly?

Medic, have you gotten yours in yet?

I've got the euro switch as well but, my running lights are on when the switch is in the off position. What did you reroute to get the total stealth mode? I definitely wnat to go this way. :icon_biggrin:

There are two wires coming from the euro switch assembly that aren't used by the US bikes. If you trace the wires down from the switch you come to the plug where they connect to the bike's wiring beneath the guage assembly. You'll find two don't have corresponding wires on the bike side. I cut these two wire before they go into the plastic harness.

I then connected two wires to them, and ran the two wires under the tank to the fuse box by the battery.

I then cut the wire that controls the running lights, and connected the two new wires to this cut wire ( one wire to the cut wire coming out of the fuse box, the other wire to the cut wire go away from the fuse box. Whe I switch the euro switch to the far right setting, all my lights are killed, except for my brake light. I also lose all of my dash lights, but I like that, as it reminds me that I have the "evade" mode on.

There are two wires coming from the euro switch assembly that aren't used by the US bikes. If you trace the wires down from the switch you come to the plug where they connect to the bike's wiring beneath the guage assembly. You'll find two don't have corresponding wires on the bike side. I cut these two wire before they go into the plastic harness.

I then connected two wires to them, and ran the two wires under the tank to the fuse box by the battery.

I then cut the wire that controls the running lights, and connected the two new wires to this cut wire ( one wire to the cut wire coming out of the fuse box, the other wire to the cut wire go away from the fuse box. Whe I switch the euro switch to the far right setting, all my lights are killed, except for my brake light. I also lose all of my dash lights, but I like that, as it reminds me that I have the "evade" mode on.

Thanks, I'll give it a try.

Thanks, guys.....right you are, run 'em wrong and ballast won't pop off, but does blow the headlight fuse. Problem solved! That euro switch sounds like the way to go, perhaps I should see where I can get one. Does it fit in the stock handlebar assembly?

Medic, have you gotten yours in yet?

Nope. Just got the box and electrics finished for the accessories.

http://www.cbr1100xx.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=30384

The last pic is the finished tap for XM, radar, HUD and the PIAA lights I put on. I am getting custom paint-already did the rear cowl- so when the nose comes off, the HID goes on. My instructions are pretty good, though, so if you want, I'll send you a copy.

real interesting....where did you get the euro switch from......if I may ask?