CBR1100XX.org Forum

VRF Bars on eBay?

OrganDonor

V-tec models, 2002 and up, I believe.

Gracias. I like those a lot more than the Heli bars. If I decide to raise the bars, that's the way I think I'll go. I hope somone at TBME has a set on his or her XX so that I can check them out. Come to think of it, Sport Chick is renting a VFR, so I'll have to ogle her rental bars while I'm at it. (Never paid much attention to VFR bars on VFRs before.)

http://www.cbr1100xx.org/forums/index.php?...c=21236&hl=cash

I concur that those bars on the ebay auction look to be 2002+ VFR bars. Can't guarantee it, but I'm betting they are.

Doesn't the auction say they do not fit his '97 bird? Then they wouldn't fit ANY bird, correct? Or am I not reading right...

-UJ

Maybe they're VFR bars, but earlier ones, not the VTEC ones needed for the bird?

Doesn't the auction say they do not fit his '97 bird? Then they wouldn't fit ANY bird, correct? Or am I not reading right...

-UJ

I read that, too. They're not the same as XX bars, and I don't know if that's what's throwing him off. Maybe he never put them on. Or they could be 98-01 VFR bars (look similar) which don't fit (second hand info).

Taking a chance for sure.

Or they could be 98-01 VFR bars (look similar) which don't fit (second hand info).

The '98-'01 VFRs had 41mm forks, as opposed to the 43mm variety on the V-tec models and the XX.

I'd proceed with caution, that 2mm difference is a dealbreaker, but hard to spot in a photo.

Had some e-mail correspondence with the seller and it appeared that his "mechanic" didn't know what he was talking about, so the guy admitted to being somewhat "confused". He just cancelled the auction, presumably in response to my e-mail asking him to verify the I.D. on those VFR bars he was selling. My guess is that he somehow got stuck with VFR bars that didn't fit, got some bad info from his "mechanic" and now knows what he has -- which are pretty useless to XX owners.

Thanks for the education, guys (esp. Redbird). This site and the dickheads on it are indispensible if you own an XX.