CBR1100XX.org Forum

Water-Wetter Qustion

Involute

Aside from needing to worry about freezing temps is there any reason that Water-Wetter and Distilled Water only can't be used for extended periods of time? When the weather warms up here and the Track opens I need to lose the normal coolant when on the track but I don't want to swap coolant numerous times a year. Could long term (10K miles per year) using Water-Wetter and water lead to problems? If so I'll only use the stuff for track time and swap back but I'd rather spend that time riding.

Thanks.

Aside from needing to worry about freezing temps is there any reason that Water-Wetter and Distilled Water only can't be used for extended periods of time? When the weather warms up here and the Track opens I need to lose the normal coolant when on the track but I don't want to swap coolant numerous times a year. Could long term (10K miles per year) using Water-Wetter and water lead to problems? If so I'll only use the stuff for track time and swap back but I'd rather spend that time riding.

Thanks.

The only thing I'd be worried about would be the lubricating properties of water and water wetter alone without the glycol. and its effect on the water pump.

Thanks.

When I had my FZR I would run water wetter during riding season and just drain it during winter. I never had any problems with only using water and water-wetter.

But if it freezes...it's all over.

When I had my FZR I would run water wetter during riding season and just drain it during winter. I never had any problems with only using water and water-wetter.

Same here, pretty much. I ran staight water/Water Wetter three seasons for the first two years I owned the XX, no ill effect that I can see 40K later.