CBR1100XX.org Forum

PAIR system blockoff kit.

Red J

Guys save yourselfs the money!

Disconnect all the pair hoses and chuck'em along with charcoal can. Take the covers off the pair valve, grind the valve flapper off (rivets/brades) inside, reinsert to reuse the existing rubber washer, take the covers and fill it with JBWeld. Install the filled covers and put her back togather. ;)

This is the first thing I did to the RC51, removing the pair valve and doing a flapper mod. B)

The little blockoff plates are cute, but you dont need them. :rolleyes:

Just a side note, JB Weld tends to get soft and rather runny under high heat and could melt sitting up there on top of the engine!

Go with Jeremy's block off plates and be done with it. Money well spent on well engineered, high quality product.

Plus one . J is a great guy to deal with and the product is top notch. I used this kit because I like simplification and ease of maintenance...same reason I delinked the brakes

What will be an average change to an '03 bike that has a pipe and custom mapped PCIII? Is it going to require a new dyno setup and re-mapping? I've got $250.00 invested into my present map and can't really afford to do it again anytime soon. Is the power gain and overall performance significant and highly apparent on an otherwise "stock" XX? Or would I be better off just losing about 50 pounds myself? :D

Is the power gain and overall performance significant and highly apparent on an otherwise "stock" XX?

There is no power gain, this isn't a power mod.

It will not require re-mapping, though if it had been installed before you had it mapped your map would probably be more accurate.

Got one last year and highly recommend.

Build quality is excellent and it gets a lot of crap out of your way.

Thought I'd put in my two cents.

I second them, fits perfect!

Dave

+1

I got one of J's Kits last year. Great parts and the price was reasonable. I would buy it again if I needed one! I really don't like to F*&k UP the old parts just in case I ever need to put them back on. I just don't understand why you would save a couple bucks and plug the old parts with something that may not stay in place. It will just cost more in the long run.

Guys save yourselfs the money!

Disconnect all the pair hoses and chuck'em along with charcoal can. Take the covers off the pair valve, grind the valve flapper off (rivets/brades) inside, reinsert to reuse the existing rubber washer, take the covers and fill it with JBWeld. Install the filled covers and put her back togather. ;)

This is the first thing I did to the RC51, removing the pair valve and doing a flapper mod. B)

The little blockoff plates are cute, but you dont need them. :rolleyes:

Just a side note, JB Weld tends to get soft and rather runny under high heat and could melt sitting up there on top of the engine!

Go with Jeremy's block off plates and be done with it. Money well spent on well engineered, high quality product.

Plus one . J is a great guy to deal with and the product is top notch. I used this kit because I like simplification and ease of maintenance...same reason I delinked the brakes

+1

haven't put my kit on yet, more or less cause I haven't had to take anything off the bike yet. Going to check the valves in the spring and I'll install them then.

They are definatly a quality part and well worth the $$

Update:

I have ordered them from the fabricator. He gave me a two week delivery (he's busy).

I will need another two weeks on that, to get pockets drilled and anodizing. It may happen sooner, but I'd rather estimate long and beat it, than estimate short and have people bitching.

So, will be around a month before I am ready to ship. Will post a For Sale thread about three weeks from now, and begin accepting money.

Cheers,

J.

• 3 weeks later...
The boss is dropping them by the metal treatment place today for anodizing.

I've been given a delivery date of Friday.

Paid orders will ship Saturday.

J.

Any more available for quick shipment? Thanks & happy trails kel

Any more available for quick shipment? Thanks & happy trails kel

I don't have any in stock right now, but will by this weekend.

Thanks much J.------------money sent. Happy trails kel