CBR1100XX.org Forum

Power Commander II wiring info.

XX RATED

Because the info. was lost when the forum went down, I would like to post this for anyone who has questions regarding the Power Commander II's that are on sale at various sites on the internet.

Early production units sold through K&N were stocked in the warehouse and were not rotated, so as K&N depleated stock they are now selling off many early production units.

Some of the units had instruction manuals which were misprinted and the install instructions were backwards!

Upon installing - your bike would not start, but the throttle body would remane "wide open" and flood the engine & possibly the cylinders thenselves. This is called 'Hydra locking". If the bike were to be started with this fuel inside the cyls. - you could blow up your engine!!!

As a precaution - anyone who purchases a PC-II labled w/ "K&N" on the command module, should contact the tech. dept. at K&N with the units serial number to varify which way the two plugs should bew hooked up.

This will eliminate any potential problems & greif.

As stated - the PC-II models in question are in fine working order, it's the instruction manual that is misprinted.

I hope this helps anyone who is concidereing installing the unit on their bike.

Good Luck!

I hooked mine up this weekend...But have not started the bike with it on. How do I know if I need to call K&N ??? The box the PC II came in said CBR1100XX 99-00 on it...and the Instructions said CBR1100XX 00-01. We followed the instructions. We took the grey plug off the ECU and put it into the PC II. The black plug on the ECU was never touched. Does anyone know if this is correct ? I turned on the bike but did not start it up. The little RICH/LEAN light went up and down as I moved the throttle....but like i said...I didn't have the pipes on so I didn't actually start the bike ????

HELP !

Thanks for the profile fuck up !

I called Power Commander.....they said it is the grey plug. Then said the best way to tell if it is hooked up right is...Without starting the bike...Turn the key....wait for it to power up...and then snap the throttle...if the rich/lean light travels up and down..it is correct. If that is the case...mine is MONEY !

Saturday...Saturday....Saturday....Saturday !

Big Jeff was telling me the other day that his bike...with the PC now lifts up in the front with absoutely NO problem....and in second...he can now tip it up a bit also. If that is the case....I can't fucking wait !

What I need is a MAP for the MIG pipe set up !

I will have to wait a while to drop 250 beans....

BUT...I was told that the stock bike map works wonders also. I have my fingers crossed !