CBR1100XX.org Forum

Fork Oil Change

XXTi

I finally got around to removing the fork tubes and changing the oil last weekend. I didn't remove the sliders or cartridges from the legs, but just cleaned things out with kerosene and let them drain a while. Thanks for helping out Brett.

I went back with 10wt Fuchs Silkolene "Race" fork oil and am happy with it so far. Others have used lighter weight oil, but I have the Ohlins fork springs from Jaws and he recommended staying with 10wt. I haven't had much time to ride this week, but the forks seem great around town.

I also installed my SuperBrace from the GB a couple(?) of years ago. It seemed to fit perfectly and I don't notice any binding or stiction. I'm anxious to get it out in the twisties and determine if I can tell any difference.

I finally got around to removing the fork tubes and changing the oil last weekend. I didn't remove the sliders or cartridges from the legs, but just cleaned things out with kerosene and let them drain a while. Thanks for helping out Brett.

I went back with 10wt Fuchs Silkolene "Race" fork oil and am happy with it so far. Others have used lighter weight oil, but I have the Ohlins fork springs from Jaws and he recommended staying with 10wt. I haven't had much time to ride this week, but the forks seem great around town.

I also installed my SuperBrace from the GB a couple(?) of years ago. It seemed to fit perfectly and I don't notice any binding or stiction. I'm anxious to get it out in the twisties and determine if I can tell any difference.

Did you drop the front, or is it still set to the standard height?

Did you do the 6mm shim on the rear shock too?

I set my tubes at 39mm above the top clamp (stock height). I measured them at 37mm before disassembly, so I did raise them a couple of mm's

My shock is adjustable for ride height, so I don't use a spacer. I lengthened the shock about 6mm so the effect is the same.