CBR1100XX.org Forum

Car battery

tomek

I need some advice on car battery.Car in question is Rx7 turbo,in other words,engine bay is hot like a hell.I need something good.In the past I had battery failures on this car due to the heat in the middle of the summer.

And I will not go the the Walmart. :D

It is my old/new car.It has not been active for last 4 years,but I pretty much done restoring/rebuilding the damn think.

Mods?,mild, sparco core bar and plate intercooler, front mount,3 inch racing beat turboback exhaust,T04b hybrid turbo, hks electronics-fcon and electronic boost controler.Should make 280-300 crank hp.But I`m not really after hp,etc.They are very nice cars to drive and handle oh so well.I like rx7 turbos for their balance of performance, handling and comfort.

I also upgraded shocks and springs.

That car sounds like a fun time! I can say one thing for sure though. Under the hood of that car is a plumbing nightmare of hoses and wires.

My Father had an interesting RX-7 about 14 years ago. It was a stock bodied 79'' with the following.

CarTech Turbo on a street ported 13B w/lowered compression, dual webers, water to air intercooler, 3" exhaust, centerforce dual diaphram clutch, Koni's all around, Recaro seats, and some other goodies. He bought the car from the orig' owner who put about $10K of work into the engine alone.

Result.....440HP at 16lbs of boost.

12.6 in the 1/4 mile @110mph. On the factory sized 175-70-13 tires!!

0-60 in 4 flat.

The best thing was that the car looked bone stock. No bling at all.

It got stolen out of his garage that was behind the house. Fuckin' thieves had to lift an 86' Camry onto the neighbor's lawn to get the car out of the driveway. My father was totally heartbroken. It was recovered in Brooklyn stripped and smashed to shit.