CBR1100XX.org Forum

preload spacer on forks

rodantking

180? Pounds?

Put the stockers back in, or maybe source some .95 springs. 1.0 springs are probably going to be too stiff for you.

Or being that you already bought the springs and are probably intent on installing them, go with total free length of the stock spacer and spring and match it with the new spacer and spring. I can't see preloading them much less than the stockers being a good idea and you certainly don't want more at your weight.

+1 on the 1.0 spring being too heavy at your weight. Even a .95 is gonna be stiff. For the average street use at your weight, the stockers would be fine with maybe just a bit more preload. If the stockers are sagged, trade those in on a .9 spring. You'll be much happier and then do what Redbird suggested in re free length.

I ordered them 3 weeks and 15 pounds ago. Ractec is still showing a .983 spring for street use. Do they figure them on the hard side? I want this bike set up for touring. Thats is when I ride the most agresive. Around town and two up I'm a lot calmer. I tour light though and I keep it in soft bags on the back. I not sure that would make a differance but for heavy braking.

I'm sure members of this board are more in touch with the xx then racetec so I not against returning them. I do know the .89 stockers are to light.

You have to check your sag to know what you need. Check the sag with the stock springs and see where you're at. You may be able to ajust it with nothing more than a bit more preload on the stockers. You may need .95 springs, but I seriously doubt you need 1.0 springs.

Don't go by some chart, get in there and measure the stuff yourself and see what you need.