CBR1100XX.org Forum

Mixture

sprack

On a '99 is it possible to adjust the mixture without a PCII or is that the only way? I can smell it's a bit rich running and there's some soot on the exhaust. Would explain the poor gas mileage (23-30mpg). I've tried unplugging the batter to have the ECU reset. Any other suggestions?

My '00 smelled rich and smoked the ends of the mufflers too until I replaced the plugs. Have you replaced yours lately?

Joe,

All of that is possible. Idle appears normal. I haven't really wrung it out..160 on the interstate, but nowhere near the revlimiter. All cylinders sound like they're firing, I guess a compression test wouldn't hurt to make sure they're even. I didn't adjust the gap on the iridiums, forum concensus on that was iridiums are fine from the factory. I'll check the hoses and airbox next. I appreciate the input.

Is the idle okay, have you wrung it out recently, and are all the cylinders firing? Could a spark plug cap be on incorrectly, or the air box not seated just right, or a hose off?