CBR1100XX.org Forum

PC2 question

Alpha Crow

Having some trouble ova' here :) (99 BB, micron slips, K&N, pc2)

While back, had to have the fuel pressure regulator replaced. Took it to the damn stealers, sigh. Went to pick it up, they were telling me the pc2 wasn't running as good a map as the ECM for the bike, that they got better dyno numbers from the ECM. Ok, wtf over? So I run it on ECM, feels weaker to me, but dyno's don't lie I guess. I come back, reload the PC2 with the .001 map and pop it back on. It runs fine initially. I touch up the low RPM with a 6% increase on fuel richness (via buttons on pc2). FI light comes on 3 minutes later. I kill the engine, reset the buttons on the pc2 to standard .001 map. A few more minutes later, FI light comes on again. So I pull the PC2 out completely, FI stays off.

Going to go grab my haynes manual and short the FI light to see if any flash codes pop up. We'll see on that one, but any ideas or similar experiences from anyone?

Thanks for any input.

Hmmm.. sounds like you've got a problem with the PC2.

Does the FI light come on with the Zero map as well ? If so I would say it's definately a problem with your PC2 then, or the wirering, or the connecters.

You could send it to someone else with a bird, and have them try it on there bike. At least then you'ld have a definate answer on whether or not you need to send it back to DynoJet.

And I'ld offer, but.... my bird is going NoWhere for a while. :x

I don't want to worry you, but almost the same thing happened when I installed mine. So I took it off the bike, only to find that a few weeks later the F1 light started to flash on again.... A few weeks later the bike was running continuously in safe-mode..

My problem was the dreaded wiring-loom problem. After replacing the complete wiring-loom the problem is gone, with and without the PC2.

I have noticed this a few times now, that installing the PC2 makes the wiring-loom problem start earlier. I guess it notices earlier something is wrong, and the PGM goes into safe mode..... This is not necessarily a bad thing...

Doesn't seem to be that bad. Ran fine on ECM, ran fine on .001 map, just screwed up when I manually increased the mixture by 6% on low rpm. Nothing wrong, just FI light came on and stayed on, so I changed it back to the 0% from stock .001, but the FI came back on. Pulled PC2, stays off and works fine.

Seems I might have screwed up messing with the stock map. I'm going to try the Fixxer map here soon, so we'll see what happens.

Also, I'm going to have to bury my soul here and admit something stupid and ask for help. Shorting the FI connector in the back, can someone give me a description from experience? The Haynes manual explains it, but my mechanic friend would always do it with his handy wire loop setup he had just for something like that. He's not around, so I follow the instructions and bridge it and turn on the bike (not running, just 'on') with the kill switch on 'run'. My electrical fuse (10, rear lights, panel lights, etc) blew promptly. Scared me for a sec until I found it and changed it out.

Now I have a bit of fear about doing this again. Maybe I had a loose connection, maybe the fuse was weakened before.

What do you guys use to bridge the gap? Anything easy, cheap and works great? Or just some wire? Is it the white plug located next to the blue and orange plug for the rear blinkers? Same rubber boot?

Bridge it, have kill switch on 'run', turn key to 'on' and it should work right? I've seen it done before while I was standing there, but now I'm worried after blowing a fuse instantly. Yes, call me stupid :)

Thanks

Brian